Check out this random sound generator!

By LordDanteros879, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

It's called Syrinscape. I already posted about this in the Edge of the Empire section, but for those of you that are more fantasy oriented I figured you might also like to know about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-gCKJ7fZGM

not a huge fan of music/sound but this is Interesting. continuous variable sound with just push one button and then focus on your Gming. Will try out the town set, tavern and flooded cavern for Averheim in TEW. thanks for the tip Daniel

Look cool, I will check this out. Thanks for the tip.

Do you guys know more examples of such software? Of course with music/sounds for WFRP? Also, I would prefer a downloadable soft rather than online one.

Syrinscape can be downloaded. You download the soundsets to your computer/iPad.

Another example is Softrope, but it has no music or sounds, you'll have to pick your own music and sound effects (google freesound to find lots of different effects).

I tried the Syrinscape app and was mostly underwhelmed. Mostly because I couldn't by the additional sound packs directly through the appstore, but had to go to their web-page and pay with paypal. And the app is way too limited without the extra packs.

Personally I use ambient-mixer.com which has an app where you can log in and have access to what you have created. So you can sit on your PC and create the mix and then use the app to run it (or run it directly form the PC if you prefer).

I don't think it has an offline option though.

Edited by Ralzar

I tried the Syrinscape app and was mostly underwhelmed. Mostly because I couldn't by the additional sound packs directly through the appstore, but had to go to their web-page and pay with paypal. And the app is way too limited without the extra packs.

FYI. Since a little while ago, you can buy Syrinscape stuff in the Paizo store, which means you can pay in other ways.

Check it out here:

http://paizo.com/companies/syrinscape

NOTE: If you're looking for a subscription (unlock everything) but don't want to sign up for recurring PayPal payments, you can buy subscription Vouchers in 2 month blocks.

If you have any questions, you can always contact me on benjamin at syrinscape dot com, and I'll help you out. :-)

FYI. Since a little while ago, you can buy Syrinscape stuff in the Paizo store, which means you can pay in other ways.

Check it out here:

http://paizo.com/companies/syrinscape

NOTE: If you're looking for a subscription (unlock everything) but don't want to sign up for recurring PayPal payments, you can buy subscription Vouchers in 2 month blocks.

If you have any questions, you can always contact me on benjamin at syrinscape dot com, and I'll help you out. :-)

Since I got the initial tip above we use the app each week when playing Warhammer. It enhances our games a lot.

It's great stuff!

I am using Syrinscape and it is very good. I guess it is perfect for GM's who base their encounters on fights and monsters, but I personally tend to build lots of different social encounters. At the moment there are not many "human" sounds for me, like curious whispers, nasty whispers, chanting cultists, dining people (yea, there is this Friendly Tavern soundset, but it is only one type). Anyways number of soundsets is growing fast, recent "sewers" soundset is very nice for Warhammer and I am looking forward to getting more ;)