The Vision expansion - more than 1100 cards for Talisman

By Nefarious2, in Talisman Home Brews

vision-logo.png

I would like to present to you The Vision - an unofficial expansion for Talisman: The Magical Quest game, designed to make the game even better than it already is. The Vision consists of more than 1100 new cards, and introduces several new elements and mechanisms, such as:

• Personal Missions for each character, expanding their stories and personalities
  • Rebalanced characters from the original game
  • 12 completely new characters
  • Spells divided into 4 different schools of magic
  • New Inner Region cards
  • Hundreds of new Adventure cards
  • An Inventory screen and new Purchase cards
  • New rules for more exciting gameplay
  • A lot of... well, EVERYTHING!
By combining The Vision with the original Talisman, you will receive a board game of epic proportions, unlike any other game you’ve ever played.

Have fun.

The Vision 1.1 ENG - Download

Or you can download it from my website: www.pure-evil.eu

I will appreciate your feedback :D

Edited by Nefarious

Hi Nefarious,

Wow, thank you so much for this! What a tremendous effort you’ve put in!

I haven’t actually tested it out, but just the fact that you’ve put all this together inspires me greatly. How fitting that you called it “The Vision,” this is indeed your personal vision of Talisman. And that’s why I love this game so much, there’s so much room for every fan to add their own personal touches to the game to suit their own desired playstyle, and create something bigger.

Thanks again for sharing this. Well done!

Ara

You should be congratulated on your breadth & depth of scope. It is a huge task you've undertaken.

I've only looked through the Adventure cards in any great detail, but I've noticed an advantage toward Neutral characters.

Have you playtested The Vision often?

Its one of the reasons I didn't want to be first to comment. Way too expansive and intense. Quite fascinating that you can focus on this so exhaustively!

At first I didn't have great ambitions of creating the biggest expansion ever - I was just creating content for my own pleasure and to upgrade my own game. As the expansion grew I realized that I could release it for everyone to try it. But since I wanted to fix and enrich each aspect of the game I ended up with an expansion of this size. It took me more than 2 years to finish but I think it was worth it.

As for the playtesting: Since its creation, The Vision has undergone huge changes, each card and mechanism was thoroughly tested. The expansion was tested ca. 150 times with about 30 different people. During which time almost each card was changed at least once. Of course the biggest focus was on the new characters, which had to be properly balanced and fun to play. So yes, I can honestly say that it has been well playtested.

I know that since the expansion is so huge that its much harder to review than any other - but I think that each Talisman maniac will find pleasure in reading all those cards :D

And for those of you who don't know what to begin with - go for the Missions, they're fun both to play and to read, all my players loved them.

it's huge, but I think it will be a great addition! I liked the inner region cards and the alternative endings best. I will also mix a bunch of your new adventure cards in the corresponding decks...

one remark though, the market mechanism didn't really strike me as being very useful. I have always felt it was part of the game's challenge that there were little spaces you could actually spend your money. I feel having this market to visit so easily might bring just too much balance into the game?

Congrats, and thank you for sharing your huge work! :)

A question: when the card Bribery is drawn is the winner allowed to choose a follower, or is a follower randomly chosen as soon as it is drawn?

The card reads: "One of your Followers has been bribed! Characters bid to decide who will offer the highest amount of gold. Winner discards the gold and takes one of your Followers for himself."

So:

1. All Characters bid gold

2. Winner chooses one of your Followers and takes it for himself

If you will be the winner, then you will not get a reward - but at least you will avoid losing your best Follower.

Simple :D

Thank you for the clarifacation :)

Hi Nefarious,

I have spent the last 20 minutes looking through your Vision expansion and I am blown away at the level of detail you have put into this project! I am absolutely intrigued as to how your expansion will play and am 100% going to print out a copy as best I can and play test it.

Thank you for sharing what has obvisouly taken you a very long time to create and make ready for public use. Hats off to you good sir! I checked out your website too and there are some good games on there (may try Mafia out at some point!)

All the best

Jack

I'm delighted to hear that you like it. It has been playtested well, so you can be sure that printing it will not be a waste of time, and it will change your view on Talisman forever.

As for the other games, I'm finishing work on my new project - a beautiful, completely new board game fully invented by me. It should be availible in a week or so on my website, so keep in touch :D

A new game, sounds very interesting. I will keep an eye on your website.

Also a quick question regarding printing your expansion. How have you personally done it? Have you printed it from home using paper, or perhaps you used card, or even paid for professional printing services? I would like to get these cards looking the best they possibly can be and would be interested in hearing how you done it yourself?

Thanks mate speak soon

SO many hours of work.. I can only imagine the longuest part was actually getting all those pictures.

Congratulations on this awesome expansion.

Judging by the alternate endings and extra characters alone I wish that FFG would take some of your ideas and use them in a large box supplement a la Miskatonic Horror.

I do have a question about the Goblin character which mentions someplace called the "Kitchen." Is that reference correct or does it refer to something on the board, such as the Tavern?

The Kitchen is a space in the Dungeon.

Tried both links to take a look at this, but both links are dead. can you(or anyone else) direct me to where might gander upon this creation?

Thanks and all I can says is...WOW! This is amazing It will take a while to save up for the printing costs, but it will be worth it!

I am in love with your expansion! But any good tips on how to print all this?!

Hi folks!

I've inadvertently deleted page 1 of the Adventure deck - first card is "A Gift".

Could anyone post it to me please?

Had to resave it to fit onto here, but the quality should be okay.

Adventure 001 (x1).jpg

Thanks Jon! You're an absolute lifesaver (as always :) ).

Edited by nodgenesor
gotta have the right emoticon!