"failed" TGS

By thePREdiger, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hi,

my group finished TGS last night. They had the idea to put the stones back in place at Tempest Knap to counter Schulman's Ritual. They followed him casually on a carriage bearing all the stones (one of them was broken in 3 pieces since they decided to drop it out of the window down

to the backyard of the Thunderwater Inn).

Needless to say, with no opposition and a puzzeled elven ghost watching them playing puzzle

at Tempest Knap, Schulman triggers the flooding. Funny only Tempest Knap stays above the

waterline as a small island. They salvaged the carriage into a swimming help (dwarven engineer) and parted with some of their beloved items and gold.

The closest land nearby are the Blitzfelsen Hills to the south. With alot of swimming, pushing

the "raft" towards the hills (ontop little Flea holding Acitus), they finally made it. 2 PCs (dwarven

engineer, human marksman) passed out during the swim due to massive fatigue.

Now they are lying on the shore approx. 30 mins away from the Gobspite Farm, which they

successfully raided earlier - leaving noone alive.

They will prolly need to find a way back to Tempest Knap to retrieve their abandoned items and gold.

My Questions to the seasoned GMs:

Gobspite was a rogue shaman who fled with the Troll from the original tribe after he found the 2 pieces of the stone. I thought about having the original tribe looking for him and encounter the PCs. This could start a cat-and-mouse game since the PCs are reduced to minimum equipment and food. The Blitzenfelsen Hills dont look like fertile lands (even the gobos had to go raid the farms to survive). What do you think?

Does anyone know a nice adventure which takes place in the grey mountains (doesnt have to be 3rd edition)?

1st edition Lichemaster. We played it with 3rd edition when we were waiting for Edge of Night and the Gathering Storm

Yes. Terror of the Lichemaster. Was reproduced for 2e.

I actually rewrote the story, so the easiest way to stop the ritual was to place the stone on tempest knap, where it fit in the hole.

haha gallows, perhaps I should have gone with the flow and allow the stones to cancel Schulmans ritual.

On the other hand - I never had such a severe outcome of an adventure before ;)

haha gallows, perhaps I should have gone with the flow and allow the stones to cancel Schulmans ritual.

On the other hand - I never had such a severe outcome of an adventure before ;)

I'd have done the same. I left them clues, so they could try, but they never did. They had to fight a rather tough demon instead :-)

Looked into "The Return of the Lichemaster" - sounds awesome and is more or less located next to where the PCs made landfall.