Core set sold out everywhere?

By Steeljaw, in CoC General Discussion

Played a game of this during the Arkham Nights this past weekend and tried to find a place to buy the Core set. Sheesh, it is sold out everywhere online unless you want to spend like double what it lists at. Looks like it won't be back in stock for a long time either.

Word is that it will be back in stock in time for Store Championships in January or February, along with the long OOP Dreamlands cycle, and Secrets of Arkham expansion. This will be a great time to jump in, as a lot of current players are already working on planning events that are friendly for players who don't have any product yet. I'm not sure what area you are in, but ask around at your FLGS to see if they're hosting a store championship.

Thanks for the reply. It just seems kind of crazy to have none of the core product online or in stores for over 2 months (this includes FFG's game center store). Wonder how many people that are interested now to play won't be in 3 months because they can't actually buy the game.

Note to FFG: you might consider planning a little better on the stock of the core product that would prevent people from actually getting into a specific product line.

Edited by Steeljaw

Thanks for the reply. It just seems kind of crazy to have none of the core product online or in stores for over 2 months (this includes FFG's game center store). Wonder how many people that are interested now to play won't be in 3 months because they can't actually buy the game.

Note to FFG: you might consider planning a little better on the stock of the core product that would prevent people from actually getting into a specific product line.

I don't disagree. It's a little disappointing that they didn't have enough product left for Arkham Nights. I heard that a lot of players tried it out and Worlds and bought their last remaining core sets then.

I hope they listen to you Brother. No core sets since around September have made promoting the game tougher than it should be. Welcome to the game, once you get it I hope you enjoy it!

I finally ran into this problem. At our last game day in Portland someone sat and watched us play for a bit. I asked him if he wanted to give it a try? After demoing a few games he wanted to buy the Core set, but no dice.