What would be a good revision for Writing's ability?

By kerred, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I'm looking to revise the Writing ability for civ.

I want to altar its ability so it can not be played during another player's city management phase (don't ask).

Here are some of my first thoughts. All would still spend a spy resource to use.

1) Start of Turn. Place this spy token on any. That city can not perform any actions this turn during its city management phase.

2) Trade. Place this spy token on any city. That city can not perform any actions this turn during its city management phase.

3) Trade. Gain 3 trade. Choose a city, that city can not perform any actions during its next city management phase.

4) Start of Turn. Gain a coin token. Choose a city, that city can not perform any actions during its next city management phase.

5) After one of your cities peforms an action, place this spy token on any city. That city can not perform any actions during its next city management phase.

6) Other (suggest your own).

What do you think would be the best alternative to the Writing Tech's ability? Again, a restriction should be that it should not be played during another player's city management phase.

Thanks!