Duty Benefits

By Calopessoa, in General Discussion

Hi, so far, I couldn't get a copy of the Age of Rebellion Beta yet, but I'm curious about the mechanical benefits from increasing your Duty Contribution with the Alliance.

I'm not looking for the full chart, just some examples. I explain: In my EoTE campaign, we're willing to implement both Obligation and Duty. So any inspirations would be welcome ; )

Actually, a lot of information on integrating groups with both Obligation and Duty is contained in the latest Beta update, here .

Without going into too much detail, increasing your Duty can lead to access to strategic level assets, and it can mean more support from Alliance leadership.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. My original question was more about a bit of detail of those benefits. Is it status? gear requisition? ships?

Yeah, I'm aware of that. My original question was more about a bit of detail of those benefits. Is it status? gear requisition? ships?

In a word? Yes.

You still roll on a chart based on the characters' Duty score. If the d100 falls on a duty score, the strain thresholds for the players increase by one. (Two for the player whose Duty was triggered.)

Beyond that, sometimes certain missions might not be available to characters whose Duty score is too low. The higher it is, the more valuable you are to the Alliance, and the more trust they have in the group.

But to the meat of your question, once Duty for the party exceeds 100, the Duty score resets to 0 and the party gets a "Contribution Rank." Each Contribution Rank gives the players access to Equipment, (one piece per character up to a rarity of 3 plus the party's contribiution rank, for free) Vehicles, (one vehicle from the Alliance- also with a rarity no greater than 3 plus the party's contribution rank) or a Strategic Asset, such as a safehouse, the use of an Alliance warship, or the aid of another Alliance cell. Honestly, a lot of it depends on your group and what the GM wants to approve.

I hope that does a better job of answering your question.

Thanks a lot Yoshiyahu!

This rule of giving "rewards" based on contribution (rarity 3 + CRank) shed a light into my adaptation of Duty until I get my copy of the AoR Corebook.

I will add some fluff and give military ranks to those that invest XP to increase their Duty's score. That rank might come with a aid of group of minion for some missions or even planning the next Alliance's incursion.

Does Duty, or Contribution, deteriorate due to inactivity? Is the Empire's view of a character affected by their current Duty score, or only by the Contribution points of the group?