Help a friend create a competitive deck

By Simwi, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hi All. I need some help after getting my friends into the game, one friend has picked up (online) a copy of -
1 x core set
1 x desolation of hoth
1 x attack on echo base.
My bud is an ex Magic player and was a UK regional champion at it, so is wanting to establish a decent build with the above sets for playing Jedi and Sith in next years regional's.
His question to me was to make him a starting build with ONLY those cards available and to ask online forums for additional advice. He has no interest in getting edge of darkness (for the moment lol) but is willing to add further force packs to strengthen his deck building for Sith & Jedi.

So FFG help a guy out here. What force packs does he need to buy, leave and a couple of set numbers for a relatively strong set of 10 please!

He'd be better off buying a 2nd core set than more force packs. Is he open to that at all?

I would guess so. But I think he wants to try and build as diverse a deck as he can instead of twin linked ( and as we all know strong) double core.

Perhaps try something like this for DS then:

Fall of the Jedi

Emperors Web

Counsel of the Sith

Shadows of Dathomir

Imperial Command

Death and Despayre

Killing Cold x2

Shadows on the Ice

Recon Mission

Alternatively, drop a killing cold or the wampas for Cruel Interrogations.

Edited by dbmeboy

When you added cruel intention for a Wampa, that is the ds list I made. However I play rebel as ls so have no idea what packs are better for Jedi than other factions

The good news (or bad, depending on your perspective) is that the game is quickly approaching a point where each affiliation has different things it can do, so that not every good Jedi objective set is necessarily worth considering for a particular Jedi deck, etc.

I would like to echo the suggestion that he eventually pick up a second Core Set, especially if he wants to play competitively in the future.

Edited by MarthWMaster