Got my Kingsguard pack in the mail today!

By Kingsguard, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

And I've got to say I love the artwork in this one! That Alexandre Dainche guy does good work on that detailing of the armor. All the Kingsguard look pretty much as they describe it in the book. From Ser Barristan's uptight scowl to Ser Mandon's lifeless grey eyes the artwork potrays the character of the knights very well. I hope FFG hires him in the future.

My only objections are to the theme of the Kingsguard as being wholly false and combining it with the shadows mechanic which has never been my style. I would have liked to see some support for the previous defensive themes of the Kingsguard. However, the Kingsguard in the book is at a very low point in their history so it reflects the story very well even if I don't like it.

In any case, I'm very excited to start working on a deck. As of right now I have no idea even what house I'll set up around my new kingsguard. I look forward to finding out!

Not to mention all have No Attachments and the Kingsguard are the only ones allowed to have a weapon around the King. :)

Not to mention all have No Attachments and the Kingsguard are the only ones allowed to have a weapon around the King. :)

That would have been a nedly sort of effect - they gain no attachments except weapon if you control a King character. lol

That was actually something I was wondering about. Why did they go back to printing kingsguard who can't have weapons? And why of all the kingsguard in this pack does The Hound get to be an exception?

I guess kings guard are like Jedi. Can't form attachments...

Edited by Kingsguard

And I've got to say I love the artwork in this one! That Alexandre Dainche guy does good work on that detailing of the armor. All the Kingsguard look pretty much as they describe it in the book. From Ser Barristan's uptight scowl to Ser Mandon's lifeless grey eyes the artwork potrays the character of the knights very well. I hope FFG hires him in the future.

My only objections are to the theme of the Kingsguard as being wholly false and combining it with the shadows mechanic which has never been my style. I would have liked to see some support for the previous defensive themes of the Kingsguard. However, the Kingsguard in the book is at a very low point in their history so it reflects the story very well even if I don't like it.

In any case, I'm very excited to start working on a deck. As of right now I have no idea even what house I'll set up around my new kingsguard. I look forward to finding out!

0/10 - No picture of crazy person with pack. This could all be lies. Why are you all responding to him?!?!?!?!?!

Buying CP3 and 4 for

Black Friday :)