Separate forum for Imperial players?

By ErikB, in General Discussion

It should be pretty clear by now that we have a hefty contingent who really have very little interest in a game where you play as the heroic Rebel Alliance battling the tyranny of the Evil Galactic Empire, which I would swear is what Age of Rebellion is supposed to be.

Do people think it would be a good idea for FFG to provide separate forums for the Rebel and Imperial partisans so SOMEONE can suggest that X-Wings are cool or Stormtroopers can tie their shoelaces unaided without it starting a fight?

I am a fellow imperial player, and I think it would be an interesting idea; just not certain how much traffic it would generate. In the end, it doesn't cost anything to start a separate area, so why not?

In all honesty, I think the Imperial board would get more traffic than the Rebel board.

Edited by ErikB

It should be pretty clear by now that we have a hefty contingent who really have very little interest in a game where you play as the heroic Rebel Alliance battling the tyranny of the Evil Galactic Empire, which I would swear is what Age of Rebellion is supposed to be.

Rather presumptuous of you isn't it? Just because people disagree with you and your opinions doesn't mean they all run Imperial games. I doubt half do. But I do know they are at least mature enough to discuss Imperials in more than black/white extremes.

Do people think it would be a good idea for FFG to provide separate forums for the Rebel and Imperial partisans so SOMEONE can suggest that X-Wings are cool or Stormtroopers can tie their shoelaces unaided without it starting a fight?

No I don't think we need a separate forum as I see only one person who's dogmatic contrariness is an issue.

Edited by mouthymerc

No I don't think we need a separate forum as I see only one person who's dogmatic contrariness is an issue.

How about we have a forum just for ErikB, and a forum for everyone else. That way, everyone is happy.

ErikB gets to support his own beliefs, and the rest of us then don't have to deal with ErikB.

Win/win, it seems to me.

Would it help to sweeten the pot if I said if they made a pro imperial board I wouldn't read it, much less post in it?

Edited by ErikB

Would it help to sweeten the pot if I said if they made a pro imperial board I wouldn't read it, much less post in it?

Why does it matter? The only person here who seems to be at issue is you. It was your posts that got you banned from posting recently and had your last account disabled. Personally I think you're hilarious in the way you champion the Rebels and, previously, the Jedi, but not everyone appreciates your nonsensical form of "debate' for the various reasons already stated by them. So, again, I say we don't need a separate Imperial forum.

There must be other people out there who are enthusiastic about Rebels, and I think it would be easier to find them if you could post controversial Star Wars opinions like 'I think the Empire are the bad guys' without being set upon by the 501st.

I would never play in a pro-imperial game. In that much at least, I agree with ErikB. But I dont think that people who have a different opinion than me need to ride in the back of the bus.... I mean have a different forum. I am perfectly willing to let others discuss what they want and play how they want, and I would even participate in discussions if I find them interesting.

So, quite frankly, this idea is completely without merit

Go make your own forum

I would never play in a pro-imperial game.

I think you'd be hardpressed to find anyone here that would. In Erik's mind however anyone who would not mind seeing a more nuanced image of all the millions of people fighting on the imperial side (most of whom have no idea about the emperor's real motives) is pro-imp. His world is very black and white...

Erik, can you please tell us who are these "Imperial partisans" you love to talk about so much? Some names would be nice.

I ask this because I've been following your back-and-forths with the other posters here for a while and I have yet to see any. As I am one of your major critics on these boards and I will be playing a character that has Overthrow The Empire as his motive in an upcoming campaign and the game I GM for has no love for the Imperials whatsoever, I can safely say that it is starting to look like you are delusional...

Also, why do you want the enemy in a game that is focused on heroics to be push-overs so badly?

Edited by DanteRotterdam

You wouldn't be able to help yourself. You already suggested once that you would stop doing so if people didn't interrupt your "rebel ships look groovy!" thread... yet you keep doing it.

And the only one with an issue is you. Better to have an ErikB only thread, where you can discuss your views with you and whoever wishes to join you under the bridge.

So... I suggest we make THIS board pro-imperial. :P

I want a pro-Ewok forum. Shove all those fluffy bear lovers off in their own corner!

Yeah we don't need multiple forums just to appease people who have differing opinions. We just need forum goers that are understanding of opposing viewpoints without grinding away repeatedly demanding everyone to acknowledge their way is the only right way.

Edited by Sturn

There must be other people out there who are enthusiastic about Rebels, and I think it would be easier to find them if you could post controversial Star Wars opinions like 'I think the Empire are the bad guys' without being set upon by the 501st.

Don't post in a forum if all you want is docile agreement. It ain't going to happen. And I would daresay that a majority of people here are enthusiastic about the Rebels. What they aren't are people without the maturity to look at the setting as more than black or white. If you can not deal with that, then I suggest you move on to a forum that supports your views, or learn to acknowledge that your point of view is not the point of view, something you seem to have difficulty with.

then I suggest you move on to a forum that supports your views

Okay. Could you direct me to a forum that supports playing the heroic Rebel Alliance as they battle the tyranny of the Evil Galactic Empire?

No.

then I suggest you move on to a forum that supports your views

Okay. Could you direct me to a forum that supports playing the heroic Rebel Alliance as they battle the tyranny of the Evil Galactic Empire?

Sure. Right here.

Then I'd hate to see what a forum hostile to the idea looks like.

Let’s put it in a different way then Erik, who here indicated they didn’t like the rebels in Star Wars and was serious about it? Names and examples please.

No one is hostile towards the Rebellion here, you just come across as [insert profanity] and cultivate harsh responses since you cannot seem to understand and respect difference of opinions without being an arse about it.

Sure. Right here.

Then I'd hate to see what a forum hostile to the idea looks like.

I'm very pro-Alliance.

But I'm also an adult, and I play with adults. And as GM, it's mostly my responsibility to present an absorbing narrative. So I like shades of grey and morality choices. Which is what I came to these boards to discuss; how to make the Empire an interesting and believable nemesis for the PCs.

And I'm grateful for those posters who helped me with that.

But as I've said before, Erik - your strident manner alienates those who actually agree with you. Which may be intentional for all I know, as you've never engaged with me, and I'm not even sure you play AoR or EoE.

I'm starting to honestly think that others on here are right about Erik - that he's secretly a HUGE Empire fanboy who is trying to entice people into WANTING to play the Empire by diminishing people's enjoyment of the Rebels with his constant badgering, fanboism, and general arsehole-ary.

I'm very pro-Alliance.

But I'm also an adult, and I play with adults. And as GM, it's mostly my responsibility to present an absorbing narrative. So I like shades of grey and morality choices. Which is what I came to these boards to discuss; how to make the Empire an interesting and believable nemesis for the PCs.

I am actually of the same mind as you, Maelora. In my campaigns, the Rebels are the good guys, and the Empire are the bad guys. But what makes the game more interesting, engaging, and realistic is to point out that not all Imperials are bad, and not all Rebels are good. Moral grey is abundant across the galaxy.