X-wing plug-in for Strange Eons

By Hinnyboy, in X-Wing

Cheers guys, I should explore things more next time :P

Hinnyboy and team thank you so much for creating and maintaining this tool. My kids and I are having a lot of fun with X-Wing thanks to this great tool.

One question we had was is there a way for us to add/create new affiliation?

Again thank you very much for the great work you and the team are doing.

Don't know if I saw this request before, but since the Upsilon is getting a formerly epic-only action on it's bar, can we get the ability to add epic actions to large/small base ships?

I'm happy to make a master template if it's of use to people. I've remade a lot of the elements from scratch from the original cards for use of my own, and I'm pretty sure I can get a very close to indistinguishable facsimile to the official alt art template. I'm not very familiar with the Strange Eons plugins but I'll contact Hinnyboy and see if they are interested and what's possible.

Edited by citruscannon

Hinnyboy and team thank you so much for creating and maintaining this tool. My kids and I are having a lot of fun with X-Wing thanks to this great tool.

Thanks for the praise!

There might be support for creating custom factions somewhere long down the road (I actually have in in my backlog). Unfortunately don't expect to see this feature next year.

However it is possible to add new factions if you know basic programming and have the necessary blank template images.

Another option is to supply me with blank templates and I can create a customised version just for your need. If the templates is of high enough quality and if others are interested I might even add your faction in the "official" version (with your permission of course).

I'm happy to make a master template if it's of use to people. I've remade a lot of the elements from scratch from the original cards for use of my own, and I'm pretty sure I can get a very close to indistinguishable facsimile to the official alt art template. I'm not very familiar with the Strange Eons plugins but I'll contact Hinnyboy and see if they are interested and what's possible.

I am very interested in your help! It will most certainly speed up development of this plug-in. For me, it is the graphics that takes the longest time. And don't worry about the plug-in, I'll take care of that (unless you would like to learn, of course, in which case I'll try to teach you).

Edited by Hinnyboy

Thanks for all your work so far - I've a request that I hope would be quick - is it possible to have an upgrade and pilot card mode that allows us to set an image for the back - instead of having the "missile" upgrade or "rebel" back - to place our own image there in place? Is that something we can already do now?

Thanks!

I have some ideas in the pip-line for custom upgrade icons. It would basically be a way to convert a black-and-white symbol to a proper upgrade icon and to the 3D-feel gold symbols found in the back of upgrade cards in one go. I know the steps necessary in the open source image manipulation program GIMP to make this look great, but I haven't yet had the time to learn how to automate the process in javascript.

Regarding custom pilot card backsides, see this post.

Edited by Hinnyboy

Don't know if I saw this request before, but since the Upsilon is getting a formerly epic-only action on it's bar, can we get the ability to add epic actions to large/small base ships?

Yes, this will be added when wave 10 support is added (whenever I have time for that).

Edited by Hinnyboy

cool stuff guys,
I will make some nice high-res full art templates for this and pass on the files to Hinnyboy and we'll work together to integrate this into the plugin.
This will take some time as I'm running a number of other projects currently, but I'll keep a log in my art thread, and then when finished post up the final blank template art in this thread when finished.

Ouch. I downloaded the 64 bit version for windows but I am not able to download any plugins for the program.

When I go to tools/catalogue an error message is displayed:

Unable to download catalogue.

Socket exception

Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

Try again

I do not have a clue about what to do now.

Any of you have troubleshooted this in the past?

Thank you in advance pals!

Hi there,

Download X-wing plug-in for Strange Eons ( http://cgjennings.ca/eons/download/update.html ) to help all home-brewers create their awesome new cards (choose Toolbox -> Catalogue, then download and install the X-wing plug-in from the list)

Credits to Chris Jennings for his awesome program and to Chris and karagh (on the SE forum) for their help. Also credits to GeckoTH for letting me use some of his templates.

Please give me your feedback!

First, thanks for your awesome plug-in.

I just updated to the new version. How do I make the maneuver dials?

EDIT: forget it. Just found it in "Everything".

Edited by Odanan

Greetings .. and HUGE Thanks for the program and efforts!!!

I have an Issue..

When I create a card and for example try enter the <focus> or <critical> tag, they still don´t show?!

Am I missing something?

Thx for your help

Btw..

Using winows 10, SE3 detects language (system/german) automatically. Used the latest version of SE3.

Worked before.. :(

Thx again

Problem solved (partially)..

As I found out that you´d have to tick the "Unique" Pilot Box for the symbols to appear.

It isprobably "by the rules" that only unique pilots can have abilities and the generic pilots can probably only have Fluff text on their pilot card.

However as I understand SE3 it is made for creating your own, fun cards and would kindly like toask if it would be possible to remove this limitation?

Thx

D from Germany

Greetings .. and HUGE Thanks for the program and efforts!!!

I have an Issue..

When I create a card and for example try enter the <focus> or <critical> tag, they still don´t show?!

Am I missing something?

Thx for your help

Thanks!

Problem solved (partially)..

As I found out that you´d have to tick the "Unique" Pilot Box for the symbols to appear.

It isprobably "by the rules" that only unique pilots can have abilities and the generic pilots can probably only have Fluff text on their pilot card.

However as I understand SE3 it is made for creating your own, fun cards and would kindly like toask if it would be possible to remove this limitation?

Thx

D from Germany

Yeah, this is intentional to keep the tool simple and to force you to adhere to the official (and unwritten) design choices. Although I understand the standpoint of wanting to be able to change everything it was not the intent with this tool. You have photo-shop for that. I will probably not change this.

I would suggest you to create a title card to add rules text to your generic pilots.

Btw..

Using winows 10, SE3 detects language (system/german) automatically. Used the latest version of SE3.

Worked before.. :(

Thx again

I don't understand your problem. What is not working?

Ouch. I downloaded the 64 bit version for windows but I am not able to download any plugins for the program.

When I go to tools/catalogue an error message is displayed:

Unable to download catalogue.

Socket exception

Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

Try again

I do not have a clue about what to do now.

Any of you have troubleshooted this in the past?

Thank you in advance pals!

I would suggest you ask Chris (the author of strange eons) about this ( http://cgjennings.ca/eons/ ). I am just the author of the x-wing plug-in and I have no knowledge about this issue.

Thanks for the praise!

There might be support for creating custom factions somewhere long down the road (I actually have in in my backlog). Unfortunately don't expect to see this feature next year.

However it is possible to add new factions if you know basic programming and have the necessary blank template images.

Another option is to supply me with blank templates and I can create a customised version just for your need. If the templates is of high enough quality and if others are interested I might even add your faction in the "official" version (with your permission of course).

I might have some time to tinker with stuff at the moment.

[wrong program]

Edited by gabe69velasquez

I got question guys is it possible to create new damage deck for for two section huge ship ?

As far as I know, there's no damage deck option. I just finished making an entire 33 card damage deck for a Yuuzhan Vong mission I home-brewed and I think I just used the missile upgrade option because it was the closest thing to a damage theme I could find for the back of the cards. I just removed any point requirements and wrote in whatever I wanted in the text box. It's not perfect but it'll do.

ok thanx for the idea

Great work, thanks a lot! Any chance one could get a plugin for the HotAC elite and ship cards?

On 2017-03-31 at 10:46 PM, Stefan said:

Great work, thanks a lot! Any chance one could get a plugin for the HotAC elite and ship cards?

Yes, it is in my backlog already.

That means you're working on it? That'll be great!