X-wing plug-in for Strange Eons

By Hinnyboy, in X-Wing

10 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

Will your future conversion to 2.0 eliminate your 1.0 content or will the two live happily together in the same program? I don't want to update and lose access to your 1.0 content as I don't plan to convert to 2.0. In fact, I plan to buy any new 2.0 FFG models that I like and convert them to 1.0. I have far too many custom 1.0 ships to make a full 2.0 conversion appealing to me. I'd have to redo, literally, hundreds of custom cards.

I had assumed it will be a brand new plug in, but I second the notion that I would never want to overwrite the 1.0 plug in because I am not fully converting to 2.0 ever, either.

On 7/15/2018 at 4:46 PM, Hinnyboy said:

I have started working on a second edition plug-in. It's a lot to do and I don't have super much spare time but it is mostly devoted to this now. My interest for x-wing has rekindled with second edition :)

So, as a dubious converter, I was wondering if the 2.0 card creator would include a card format that includes all card stats.

I mean, a PDF might work great for FFG, but as a homebrew tool I really would find it weird to also need a supplement to my own cards!!

(Secret subtext: people could also assemble all of FFG'S disperate card info onto 1 card. Bwuuhahaha!!!!)

Edited by Darth Meanie
On 8/8/2018 at 3:30 PM, WizardofAZ said:

Home from GenCon I now have 2nd edition cards so if you need any high quality scans, I would be more than happy to provide them.

Oh that would be wonderful! I'll pm you.

On 8/8/2018 at 7:02 PM, weisguy119 said:

Will your future conversion to 2.0 eliminate your 1.0 content or will the two live happily together in the same program? I don't want to update and lose access to your 1.0 content as I don't plan to convert to 2.0. In fact, I plan to buy any new 2.0 FFG models that I like and convert them to 1.0. I have far too many custom 1.0 ships to make a full 2.0 conversion appealing to me. I'd have to redo, literally, hundreds of custom cards.

On 8/8/2018 at 7:11 PM, Darth Meanie said:

I had assumed it will be a brand new plug in, but I second the notion that I would never want to overwrite the 1.0 plug in because I am not fully converting to 2.0 ever, either.

No worries, the second edition plug-in is a completely separate plug-in so they will live happily side by side.

13 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

So, as a dubious converter, I was wondering if the 2.0 card creator would include a card format that includes all card stats.

I mean, a PDF might work great for FFG, but as a homebrew tool I really would find it weird to also need a supplement to my own cards!!

(Secret subtext: people could also assemble all of FFG'S disperate card info onto 1 card. Bwuuhahaha!!!!)

It is not first prio, but I plan to add ways to integrate card points and upgrade bar into the cards. You could always use the ability text fields for that in the mean time (that is, when I'm done with the first version).

48 minutes ago, Hinnyboy said:

No worries, the second edition plug-in is a completely separate plug-in so they will live happily side by side.

Awesome! And thanks for all your work on these awesome plug-ins! I’ve used your 1.0 plug-in many, many times and it’s a fantastic tool for those of us who love to make custom content. You, sir, are the man!

Appreciate all the work that goes into this, thank you!

Just gained new appreciation for the work you do on these. I just took the card images that FFG had on their website and created "clean" versions of them. Mine aren't perfect but if you need place holders for any of the pilot cards Let me know and I'll see about getting you what you need.

Edited by mephiston x
Removed for attachment limit

Do you have these in PSD format mephiston? :D

I'll see if the tool I used can save as a psd, not being a graphics designer work won't shell out for photo shop, I did this in paint shop pro and it's only about $79 per seat for the license

Wanted to play with a couple things before publishing the .psd file :D . No idea if these will be close to the final since we haven't seen it but it's my best guess.

And here's the link to the .psd https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wo9vop9v1wa1bkj/AADmFKENeTpflJOEr4kGGpE5a?dl=0

Edited by mephiston x
Removed for attachment limit
On 8/8/2018 at 7:30 AM, WizardofAZ said:

Home from GenCon I now have 2nd edition cards so if you need any high quality scans, I would be more than happy to provide them.

First, thank you @Hinnyboy for a wonderful job!

Second, @WizardofAZ any chance I could get in on some of the scans you've offered Hinnyboy? I make a little online card browser that could use some better images...

On 8/18/2018 at 7:53 PM, mephiston x said:

Wanted to play with a couple things before publishing the .psd file :D . No idea if these will be close to the final since we haven't seen it but it's my best guess.

RepublicGuess.png.0ca71f4af9197cf60777834a960dbed1.png 907811655_CISGuess.png.18d8bd13d1b10b5c3d639b7f9fd0519d.png

And here's the link to the .psd https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wo9vop9v1wa1bkj/AADmFKENeTpflJOEr4kGGpE5a?dl=0

I'm designing Gundam cards for a flightpath conversion, so I'm always happy to see some PSDs I can potential use as a basis for my own cards.

4 hours ago, J1mBob said:

First, thank you @Hinnyboy for a wonderful job!

Second, @WizardofAZ any chance I could get in on some of the scans you've offered Hinnyboy? I make a little online card browser that could use some better images...

I only scanned in the cards from the core set and some of them accidentally got cutoff but PM me and I'll send you what I have.

3 minutes ago, WizardofAZ said:

I'm designing Gundam cards for a flightpath conversion, so I'm always happy to see some PSDs I can potential use as a basis for my own cards.

Gundams better have sideways strafeing maneuvers and reverse maneuvers...

1 minute ago, Rakaydos said:

Gundams better have sideways strafeing maneuvers and reverse maneuvers...

It's still a WIP but yes, mobile suits will all have reverse maneuvers, the ability to remain stationary (and pivot). Strafing is still confined to the barrel roll action at the moment, otherwise a maneuver dial could get far too crowded too quickly.

Key Differences
This is the TL;DR for the MSG: Flightpath System. If you are familiar with the X-Wing Miniatures Game Second Edition already, this is all you need to read to get started.

Terminology Changes

• A Koiogran Turn, Sengor’s Loop, and.Tallon Roll are referred to as K-Turn, S-Loop, and T-Roll respectively (until I come up with better names).
  • Shields are referred to as Armor.
  • Ships are referred to as Mobile Suits.

Maneuvers
The only maneuver that has changed is the stationary maneuver. A mobile suit that executes a stationary maneuver rolls 1 fewer defense die during that round, but may rotate 90 degrees or 180 degrees before taking their action.

Upgrades

• Many upgrade types have been changed or removed.
  • Astromech and Torpedo upgrades have been removed.
  • Force upgrades are now called Newtype .
  • Cannon upgrades are now called Projectile Weapons .

Melee Weapon
Melee Weapons are a new type of upgrade that allows mobile suits to perform attacks at range 0. In addition, if you would fail a boost action by overlapping another mobile suit, this upgrade allows you to resolve it as though you were partially executing a maneuver instead.

Beam Weapon
Beam Weapons are a new type of upgrade that allows mobile suits to penetrate the target’s armor and inflict extra damage directly to the hull. Whenever an attack from a beam weapon hits, after dealing damage, deal 1 facedown damage card to the defender.

On 8/18/2018 at 7:53 PM, mephiston x said:

RepublicGuess.png.0ca71f4af9197cf60777834a960dbed1.png 907811655_CISGuess.png.18d8bd13d1b10b5c3d639b7f9fd0519d.png

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what happened. Some of the layers weren't named correctly. I've resolved it

Hey there, so I was just going over your template (amazing work btw) and I was wondering if you have a version of the imperial with linked actions. It appears to be missing.

Edited by WizardofAZ

Nevermind, I figured out what happened. Some of the layers weren't named correctly. I've resolved it :D

Tada! (Picture removed due to attachment limits)

Edited by WizardofAZ

Any chance you might do something similar for upgrade cards Mephiston?

Workin on it

Just now, mephiston x said:

Workin on it

Awesome!

This will do just nicely, thank you! The thing about strange eons is I mostly use it for the maneuver dial since I am creating cards for a homebrew game as you can see above. So I prefer a PSD overall because I can tweak things.

First draft of my custom upgrade cards. What do you think? Remember that all Melee Weapon upgrades allow you to perform attacks at range 0. In addition, if you would fail a boost action by overlapping another mobile suit, this upgrade allows you to resolve it as though you were partially executing a maneuver instead.

Heat Hawk Type5.jpg

Edited by WizardofAZ

Hey mephiston x I have one more request from you. Think you can make an attack icon for bullseye weapons like the picture below? :D If not, I could probably do it myself but I figured I'd ask.

proton-rockets.jpg

Edited by WizardofAZ
30 minutes ago, WizardofAZ said:

Hey mephiston x I have one more request from you. Think you can make an attack icon for bullseye weapons? :D

Just updated the Upgrade Card to have it (I really just stole that from the fonts Hinnyboy was using in the plugin)

image.png.3d9a8d13f3b34f33c534b581b03917d2.png