The rules are online!

By Boromir, in General Discussion

The rules are beautifully designed, and exceptionally well edited. GREAT work. Makes me wanna play instantly.

The rules are beautifully designed, and exceptionally well edited. GREAT work. Makes me wanna play instantly.

Same same

I agree that the rules are presented really well and I like the way that the reference guide works. What about the rules themselves?

To me it seems to be streamlined enough compared to AH that it should be easier to pick up, but without loosing the flavor and complexity enough to be considered a 'dumbed down' version. While it seems that it should also be quicker to play, that will depend on how often certain things crop up and how quickly the doom track actually progresses. The limited Mythos deck should at least limit the game time by a certain degree.

What are people's thoughts? Is it too early to judge without having actually played it yet?

Sweet! Can't wait to read them.

Is there any word on a release date? Is it definitely coming this month? How can we best be updated when it is released? I want to get a copy asap and give it a try. I have never played Arkham Horror so I'm excited to give this a go with no comparison knowledge.

I'll be picking this up as soon as it shows up, but if there's one aspect that gives me pause is there only being 4 Ancient Ones, and apparently only 4 mysteries per Ancient One to choose 3 from each game. Not a deal breaker, but on the surface it seems like a lot less variety from game to game than vanilla Arkham Horror provided out of the box. Hopefully I'm wrong; as I said, it's a Day One purchase.

Edited by Indio

Picking 3 of 4 mysteries means that there are 4 unique situations per ancient one = 16 unique setups. This beats the initial Arkham Horror release of just of 8 Ancient ones (with no heralds etc). Also note that the mythos deck will be changing since you only pick a subset of cards and have the option of which types to pick. All told I think there'll be enough to keep me engaged.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the fan community fills the gap by creating new Ancient Ones and/or mysteries.

November 27th is the release date according to some sources on BGG.

I'll have it soon after that.

Cannot wait for this game. Should be something really exiting. I skip to buy AH and wait for EH. Now read Lavcraft books to be in theme.

Cannot wait for this game. Should be something really exiting. I skip to buy AH and wait for EH. Now read Lavcraft books to be in theme.

Edited by Ohbeone

That's exactly what I'm doing! Never played AH and decided to just try EH first. I'm also reading the books! I got the FULL Lovecraft collection on Kindle. Starting with Call of Cthulhu!

Awesome. I should be able to purchase upon release. Can't wait to try it!

I use to play AH couple of times. cool game but…... i have a feeling EH will be better!