Critical Injuries, Severity and Feeling Really Dumb Right Now...

By Corradus, in Game Mechanics

I know it's there, I know it's right in front of my face and when you guys tell me I am gonna beat my head against the **** desk because I didn't see it myself...but please, could you guys tell me how Severity works in relation to Critical Injuries?

What is the significance of those Difficulties? What do they mean? Which Checks to they affect going forward?

Thanks a lot for your help.

The difficulty assigned to Critical Injuries/Hits is for Medicine checks to heal them (or mechanics in the case of droids & vehicles).

Away is correct. Keep in mind that effects of many of those injuries only lasts for a short amount of time but the status of having been critically injured persists until healed.

If the critically injured rests for a week, the difficulty of that critical injury is also the difficulty of the resilience check to recover from his, her, or its own critical injury.

A minor clarification on Away's - they are for another character to treat the critical injury for PC's; treating yourself is two dice harder. (One die harder if you're a droid)

A minor clarification on Away's - they are for another character to treat the critical injury for PC's; treating yourself is two dice harder. (One die harder if you're a droid)

Should have said, "base difficulty." :)