Clarification on Rules: Base Game and Pegasus

By Sarol, in Battlestar Galactica

My group has been playing the BSG Base game and recently acquired the Pegasus expansion and have come across a few situations that we were unable to find direct rulings on.

1. If a player is in the Brig or Sick Bay and we jump and start the new Caprica Phase where do those players move to? Per the rules it states all Human Players go to Resistance HQ and All Cylon Players go to Occupation Authority. However, this does not seem right. Should players in the Brig or Sick Bay start on New Caprica in the Detention and the Medical Center respectively?

2. There are certain cards that refer to targeting players. In the next example I believe the card was Keep Hera Hidden. The text on the card reads something to the effects of the President Chooses: All players discard 2 skill cards and draw 2 treachery cards OR President selects one Human Player to move to Detention. While the wording may not be exact, it should be close. Here is the following situation - The President is in Detention, can the President choose themselves to send to Detention or are they forced to pick the first option?

Thanks for the help.

Sarol

1. Set-up as the rules say. it's a "new game within the game." Themeatically... time has passed. People got better/got release? Can be good news for a brigged up Sharon tha's for sure!

2. You have to choose a valid target if possible, people in detention/brig cannot be moved, so... not a valid target. Yea, I know, thats an squirrely explaination, but it works to remember it!