Quick Newb Qs (Development Tokens and City Destruction, etc.)

By Salamano, in Runewars

Hello all.

Got Runewars and the Expansion, and have been playing. Long games, and a high potential for Analysis-Paralysis with all the options on the table. But, it allows for non-linear gameplay that can afford simultaneously persuable routes to victory.

At first, we get all bogged down having to re-read the rules for little minutae, just to be clear because otherwise someone else might get a raw deal.

1. The Instructions on the main game says "5 per faction" when it comes to development tokens. If this is done by color (and it appears it could be said as such), then it could be argued that some factions do not get to use certain development tokens. (For example, the purple Waiqar therefore not being able to use the +influence chits). I'm trying to reconcile the words indicating there are 5 per faction, and there being 5 per faction in color, but not all factions getting all the types indicated. [this is aside from the specific development reserved for each faction].

2. I'm blanking on this as to whether it appeared in the rules like this... but are cities only destroyable through the cards? I recall some things are destroyable if there are 6+ units in a hex at a given time.

I might have others, but figured I'd toss these out there first :-)

Thanks---

The Development tokens must match the colors of their factions (with the exception of Daqan being grey instead of blue on the Development tokens for some reason). So the evil factions get Training Ground (tactics) while the good factions get Diplomat (Influence). Also, each faction has their own unique defensive development. Finally, each faction gets the resource-boosting token.

Some things, like certain Exploration Tokens, can be destroyed if there are 6+ units in that hex, but cities are only destroyed by card effects.