'Eat the Dead' a Shub support reads;

Response: When attached character is

destroyed, attach it and Eat the Dead to

any domain you control as resources.

I really like this card but I fear it is not as strong

as I originaly assumed. Is it correct that it cannot be

triggered in response to a combat struggle? Only Disrupts

and Forced Responses can take place during struggles

and the 'Responses to struggles and success box' is too late?

hmmm i think you are right. the response cant trigger until it is in the discard pile.......which is too late i think.

You can trigger Eat the Dead if the attached character dies as a result of a combat struggle. It's the same thing as all Responses: The character dies, goes to the discard along with EtD. Then, after all stories have been resolved, you may trigger Responses. So you choose to activate EtD's Response and it works just fine.

It's like Ghoul Khanum: She doesn't get the tokens right away, but rather after all stories are resolved.

The effect will "stick around" until all stories are resolved. Then a window opens and you get your resources.

But, is it not true that the card must be DESTROYED in order for Eat The Dead to trigger and will not work in response to a SACRIFICE, even one used to appease Cthulhu?

Dr. Jeffrey Wills said:

But, is it not true that the card must be DESTROYED in order for Eat The Dead to trigger and will not work in response to a SACRIFICE, even one used to appease Cthulhu?

that is correct, sac'd creatures dont count for eat the dead.

PearlJamaholic said:

Dr. Jeffrey Wills said:

that is correct, sac'd creatures dont count for eat the dead.

They have already been eaten by Cthulhu, so there is no body to return from the dead.

Sacrifice and Destroy are two different things.

Taking a page from Unspeakable Vault of Doom: Yum Yum