Two questions about spells.

By exec 2, in Chaos in the Old World

First of all, sorry for not using spell names, as I hav a polish version of this game along with expansions, both translated, so I don't know the exact english name of a spell.

Two situations we came across yesterday that was left pretty much unsolved, I mean we were quite divided with our interpretation.

First : there is a Khorne spell saying to put figures onto this card and those figures cannot leave this region. I was playing Slaneesh and got a spell saying to put my cultist onto this spell in order to increase conquest vaule. Since Khorne played his spell and placed my cultist on his spell card, can I, as Slaneesh play my card and move my cultist from his spell card onto mine? Then, since there is no figures on his spell card, can those be summoned away to a different region?

Second : there is a Horned Rat spell card that increases summoning costs for enemy figures (if I remember it right it works as long as Horned Rat has more figures than any opponent). What happenes if in a different region Tzeentch plays his spell card saying he might throw away a card to move a figure out of this region and he does so moving it to a region with that Horned Rat spell? Does Tzeentch has to pay additional power?

I hope my explanations are clear to You :-)

Edited by exec

First of all, sorry for not using spell names, as I hav a polish version of this game along with expansions, both translated, so I don't know the exact english name of a spell.

Two situations we came across yesterday that was left pretty much unsolved, I mean we were quite divided with our interpretation.

First : there is a Khorne spell saying to put figures onto this card and those figures cannot leave this region. I was playing Slaneesh and got a spell saying to put my cultist onto this spell in order to increase conquest vaule. Since Khorne played his spell and placed my cultist on his spell card, can I, as Slaneesh play my card and move my cultist from his spell card onto mine? Then, since there is no figures on his spell card, can those be summoned away to a different region?

Second : there is a Horned Rat spell card that increases summoning costs for enemy figures (if I remember it right it works as long as Horned Rat has more figures than any opponent). What happenes if in a different region Tzeentch plays his spell card saying he might throw away a card to move a figure out of this region and he does so moving it to a region with that Horned Rat spell? Does Tzeentch has to pay additional power?

I hope my explanations are clear to You :-)

The first card you're referring to is Hate. The way its phrased in English, the two effects - putting on the card, and preventing from being moved away, are separate effects. Therefore moving them off that card doesn't allow them to be resummoned later.

The second card, the Tzeentch card is Warp Portal. That spell moves rather than summons figures, so bypasses the restriction of the Horned Rat card. Note that moving and summoning are two distinct things in CitOW

Apologies: on studying the FAQ, my reading is incorrect:

Vide the FAQ on Teleport and Field of Carnage. It states that "as on pg 11 of the rulebook" summon, place and move are all equivalent.

This means yes, you'd have to spend an extra power to summon to that area for your second question.