[Help Request] New Colony Facilities and Assets for Rogue Traders

By Asajev, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Hi guys I know they do not exist and that we are limited in how to work this concept out. A long time ago I found a post on another forum that had the idea of Profit Factor as holdings. I like the concept and was hoping that we could engineer something with it. The one thing this game requires is more narrative examples of how to spend Profit Factor or have it as a PF SINK to progress story. If not some ships with the extra AP they can generate will get your players Profit Factor to silly levels with limited narrative development.

So we can start working with the Colony frame and just create additional facilities or support structures with different benefits.

I haven't quite thought of anything on additional structures for a colony that generates PF, but this is a great concept and does make sense. A while ago prior to Stars of Inequity some friends and I created generic PF bonus for Trade Routes, Exploration, Military Bases etc. Maybe you can use this as ideas to extrapolate from

Trade Bonuses
Mine Average +1 PR
Mine Rare +2 PR
Mine Unique +3 PR
Agricultural Average +1 PR
Agricultural Unique +3 PR
Trade Goods Average +1 PR
Trade Goods Unique +3 PR
Weapons Average +2 PR
Weapons Unique +4 PR

Exploration Bonuses
Research Station Average +1 PR
Research Station Unique +3 PR
Excavate Ruins Average +1 PR
Excavate Ruins Unique +3 PR
Explore Star System Average +1 PR
Explore Star System Unique +3 PR
Explore Warp Route Average +2 PR
Explore Warp Route Unique +4 PR

Military Bonuses
Recruitment Base Average +1 PR
Recruitment Base Unique +3 PR
Waystation Route Average +1 PR
Waystation Route Unique +3 Ex
Military Instillation Average +1 PR
Military Instillation Unique +3 PR
Patrol Route Average +1 PR
Patrol Route Unique +3 PR

Criminal Bonus
Trade Beasts Average +1 PR
Trade Beasts Unique +3 PR
Trade Xenos Goods Average +2 PR
Trade Xenos Goods Unique +4 PR
Trade Xenos Weapons Average +3 PR
Trade Xenos Weapons Unique +5 PR
Trade Xenos Slaves Average +2 PR
Trade Xenos Slaves Unique +4 PR
Trade Human Slaves Average +2 PR
Trade Human Slaves Unique +4 PR

For example, using the chart above we already know Mining and Agricultural are already in place in SoI. Trade goods and Weapons is not. So, Trade goods could be works of art or advanced cogitators (possibly for unique), jewelry or medical supplies (for rare) and possibly basic tools or equipment (average). So, a Trade Good Facility (Average Quality) can net you +1 Productivity and a +1 to PF for the 90 day cycle it talks about in SoI. A TGF (Rare) does +2, and a TGF (Unique) does +3. Of course, this is taking into consideration that the colony has the supplies, equipment, and skills at hand to make the Trade Goods, so other stipulations may apply.

As for a starting colony I haven't really had a chance to sit down and use this book yet so can't help you there. My apologies for skipping ahead.