How would you stat Juno Eclipse?

By Shakespearian_Soldier, in General Discussion

Ah, thanks. :)

Not having gotten TFU II...

Juno I'd put as an Ace Pilot, about 300 earned experience at initial appearance.

Building her ...

Initial: I'd put her at probably Br 2 Ag 3 In 3 Cu 2, Wp 2 Pr 3 with 20 points in talents & skills.

Pilot (S) 2, Gunny 2, Mechanics 1, Astrogation 1 including Galaxy Mapper 2 cool 1

Earned:

110 points gets Grit 1, Tricky Target, Toughened 1, and dedication, raising Cu to 3, and Master Pilot.

35 to add Rapid Recovery 1, Natural Pilot, Defensive driving 1

70 Pilot skill from initial 2 to 4

25 add cool 2, perception 2

15 Gunnery 3

25 Vigilance 2

25 Kn (Warfare) 2

10 Astrogation 2

Human Ace Pilot, 315 earned XP

Br 2 Ag 3 In 3 Cu 3 WP 2 Pr 2

Astrogation 2, Cool 2, Gunnery 3, Knowledge (Warfare) 2, Mechanics 1, Perception 2, Pilot (Space) 4, Vigilance 2

Defensive Driving 1, Galaxy Mapper 2, Grit 1, Master Pilot, Natural Pilot, Rapid Recovery 1, Toughened 1, Tricky Target

(Dedication)

I see a few things I'd make a change to with this. As an extra specialization give her Squad Leader and head down the far left path of it along with some ranks in leadership considering she was that for Vader's Black Eight Squadron.

Going over this has brought something to my attention... Why the heck doesn't the Squad Leader have leadership instead of mechanics?!

Edited by Gearlocke

That's... a very good point. :S Possibly something to bring up for the beta?

Going over this has brought something to my attention... Why the heck doesn't the Squad Leader have leadership instead of mechanics?!

Because he learned his skills from a hobo under a bridge ;)

Seriously, most of the Commander skill choices baffle me. Their talents reference Core Worlds, Vigilance, Resilience and Survival, none of which are class skills.

Seriously, most of the Commander skill choices baffle me. Their talents reference Core Worlds, Vigilance, Resilience and Survival, none of which are class skills.

It's possible that the talents that reference those skills are there to buff them up a bit (either by removing setback dice or adding boost dice) so that the character is decent at them even if they don't have any skill ranks.

I agree that it's a tad odd, but then some of the specialization layouts that FFG has done have struck plenty of folks as being "odd," with Slicer and Trader being some of the more common ones to remark upon.