Making cards and tokens for customs: Material help?

By obsidian3d, in Tannhauser

Hi everyone,

I'm obviously very late to the party here, but I only recently found Tannhauser and I love it. I've acquired all of the existing product and am having a blast with the game. I'd like to slowly add some of the great custom figures available online to my game, but I'd like to do it as professionally as possible.

So then I need your help. What kind of materials should I be looking for to create the tokens and character boards? I'd like them to be as close to possible as the official materials. I have access to a good colour printer, so printing on regular paper or card stock is possible. But for the circular tokens and character cards...what to use? Is it pressed cardboard?

Any tips or advice you might have would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Also pretty late on the comment, but I just recently faced the same problem. The best solution I came to was cannibalizing a cardboard box from Mage Knight expansion. I did have to cut out tokens using scissors, but they come out just as thick as the original ones. after gluing the printouts on both sides the tokens look very fine.