Dice or tokens

By gertat, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

How do you prefer to play keep track of damage, resources and more?

We use

Tokens for

Damage

Burned zones

Fulcrums

Resources

Dice to keep track of modified stats

Grey dice for toughness

Red dice for hit points

Black dice for powericons.

How do you add a picture to your post?

Edited by gertat

I personally prefer the glass bead tokens, but most of the people I know tend to prefer dice. They tend to be cleaner, but I hate stopping and turning the sides every five seconds. I would rather just grab a couple tokens.

Do you have different colored beads to symbolise different modifiers?

Just give me the tokens in the box. I have to keep it old school.

600_269012562.jpeg

I use red dice for wounds and grey dice for everything else.

1382216_10202256769970130_143378412_n.jp

Edited by gertat

You need to upload the photo to a website first. I have a tumblr account I use for this exclusively, but you could easily do it with facebook or any other site that allows you to upload images.

You need to upload the photo to a website first. I have a tumblr account I use for this exclusively, but you could easily do it with facebook or any other site that allows you to upload images.

Thanks, first upload to FB than it worked

Edited by gertat

Tokens. I don't like dice, but I'm more of a casual player.

Edited by cparadis

Do you have different colored beads to symbolise different modifiers?

I do indeed. For the longest time I just used the base cardboard tokens, but I also use red glass beads for damage and white glass beads for resources or anything else that needs representing. I don't usually bother to represent toughness, I usually warn them when the unit comes out it has toughness X and I encourage them to pick up my cards frequently and read them or flatout ask me what they do, before comitting troops. I figure if they can't take that into account no token is going to. I also use these old Chinese luck coins I got for another game a long time ago for burned zones.

Edited by Kheivalo

This is what I lug around. Dice work best with mini-capital boards and mini-capitals travel better.

tumblr_muv6xpRpsp1r67vavo1_1280.jpg

I agree with Junglecat - I like the tokens. Like Torsten said in the podcast, you can fiddle with them like poker chips! Although I like the idea of dice for modified power and toughness.

I agree with Junglecat - I like the tokens. Like Torsten said in the podcast, you can fiddle with them like poker chips! Although I like the idea of dice for modified power and toughness.

I also like the tokens and use them all the time.

The dice is to show modified stats like power, toughness and hitpoints

both tokens and dice.

tokens for resources and capital damage.

dice for modifiers and everything else.

With me having the small faction cards I have thought how dice may be better than counters.

Saying that I may search in my bead box for some red and silver (grey) beads to act as power and toughness.

I just played my first few games with the Wood Elf decks and think I might have to change my answer. I used a full sized capital for the dwarves, since the WE capital isn't out and even with that larger capital all the damage tokens from the massive amount of HP each zone has (because of all the developments they play) made it get a little confused at certain points. I can imagine the problem would only get worse with the tiny capital coming in HK.

Looks like I might have to learn to love dice.....

I just played my first few games with the Wood Elf decks and think I might have to change my answer. I used a full sized capital for the dwarves, since the WE capital isn't out and even with that larger capital all the damage tokens from the massive amount of HP each zone has (because of all the developments they play) made it get a little confused at certain points. I can imagine the problem would only get worse with the tiny capital coming in HK.

Looks like I might have to learn to love dice.....

If you are using the mini-capital boards they are a must.