Your best move or bluff? "You freaking got Gleganized!!!"

By Evil_Smurf, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

I remember one game in which we were 5 players and using the clash of kings housecards (the 5 power set as we call it). I drafted Lannister, which made me happy because I have Gregor Glegane!!!

At some points in the game, I attack Cracklaw point with my army against a Baratheon army of 3 knights. If I played my 5 strenght house card (Jaime Lannister) I couldnt lose the battle. And be sure that I let that known to my friend. Assuming I would be playing Jaime, he played a weak dude with no fortification icons. Saddly for him, I played Gregor Clegane instead of Jaime, thus winning the battle and slaying his 3 knights. Offered him a beer for such a hard blow while saying : "You freaking got Gleganized!!!".

So, what was your best move or bluff?

Playing Greyjoy/ASOS and attacking a lone footman of Stark with a large army and Balon Greyjoy, right before a clash.

This netted me I think something like 14 power (when everybody was low on power),

allowing me to completely dominate all tracks for the next three turns. Yah!

Sadly, I later made the stupid mistake of having an army support an attack on Winterfell sonrojado.gif , which probably cost me the game.

But I still enjoyed the Balon move.

I was the Lannisters and I made a point of putting Greyjoy in a chokehold and kicked the Tyrels out of Highgarden by turn 3/4. Since Baratheon had no one to fight he decided to ally w/ the Tyrels to get the Highgarden back so I struck a deal and told him I would leave the garden for a 3 turn truce, which he needed since Stark was being driven toward him. So on that turn I made sure my last move came after Tyrels, causing him to miss the mustering the next turn. Then he moved back in and I destroyed his army claiming I had no intention of staying but didn't want him to keep it. Next turn it increased my supply to six barrels and I moved out keeping a ship in the sea so I could attack from Lannisport if the Tyrels moved back in.

Who is this Gregor G legane? :-)

Meanest warrior in the game and series!!!

You missed the irony :)

We had rather rough game session in Strom of Swords gameboard. The Baratheon player actually managed to take King's Landing on the second turn... But Lannisters stroke back with some reinforcements from Harrenhall. The Red Priest was leading the troops... They managed to take Storm's End but the numbers were on Baratheon's side. As they fought back to take Storm's End they didn't notice Tyrell troops throwing stones at them... So Stannis were pushed back and after a moment the enemy was on Dragonstone....

You meet every kind of situations when playing... Unfortuantely You don't remember them all...