How to treat Haddrack as a homeworld?

By Major_Blackhart, in Dark Heresy House Rules

I have a small group that occasionally gets together, and I'm working on a bit of a psycopathic gunman from Haddrack (either Assassin, Techpriest Secutor, Guardsman, or Scum). I'm wondering on how the character's stats should look for this?

Haddrack's mentioned in the lathes as one of the most inhospitable worlds where only the hardiest SOB's from the Sollex sect not only survive but thrive. I'm thinking that toughness should be modified significantly (to 25+2D10, same as Feral Worlds and Volg) but I'm wondering what should be subtracted in its place? Obviously starting skills and talents are anything associated with las weapons, as well as mining (due to the crystals) and crafting las weapons. I'm thinking he should get a penalty in another stat, but I'm wondering what? I don't have my books in front of me atm, but don't Forge World guys already get a penalty in fellowship?

Death Worlds are actually described somewhere in the Rogue Trader rulebooks so I guess you could use them:

+5 Strength, +5 Toughness

-5 Willpower, -5 Fellowship

Skills : Survival

Talents : Jaded or Resistance (Poisons), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)

Paranoid : -10 to all Interaction Skill Tests in social surroundings

Survivor : +10 to all tests to resist Pinning and Shock

Wounds Bonus : 1d5 +2 (5)

Fate Points : 1-5 : 2, 6-10 : 3

So yeah. Strength and Toughness go up because of how inhospitable Death Worlds are. But Willpower's down because of how grim and bleak they are and Fellowship's down because who wants to be mates with someone from hell?

And then there's the associated fate, wounds, talents and skills

Edited by Pixels The Red

1d5+2 wounds is not much . In DH even Void-born receive 1d5+6. Feral worlds - 1d5+9.

Forge World give penalty to WS and bonus to Int.

Cool, thanks.

So, I figure with Haddrack being both a Death World and a Forge World, I can meet somewhere in between. Plus, it's a Sollex Sect base of operations.

-WS, + Int like all Forge Worlds.

+T, - Fel like all Feral Worlds and Volg Hive.

I'm wondering what starting talents should be. Obvious weapons are las weapon focused.

Some insanity points, thinking 1D5. Anyone have suggestions on what other talents a Haddrack death worlder should have?

Hm. Treat the Tech-Use (Int) skill as a Basic Skill, like hiver "Caves of Steel"? On Haddrack one can only survive in Mechanicus artificial structures . Fo las weapon you can modify Gunmetal "Way of the Gun" .

I like that, modifying the Way of the Gun to the Way of the Lasgun. Same properties, just with Lasweapons instead of guns.

Not bad.