Death's Messenger Amethyst Order

By CalDed, in WFRP Rules Questions

Hi,

I have a clarification question regarding the rank 1 spell, "Death's Messenger".

The wording on the card says, "You become a grim spectre of death. While this card is recharging, you can cause Fear 1 against enemies as a manoeuvre, and add a white die to all Intimidate checks"

1. Does that mean the caster can use this ability more than once per turn by employing multiple manoeuvers through adding stress?

2. Is this an inclusive effect targeting more than one enemy (the entirety of the encounter) or is it targeted?

----

Some spells (like Doom & Darkness) specifically say "6 power, living target" on the conservative side, and "6 power, living target(s)" on the reckless side; Magic Dart specifies single target. Death's messenger however does not specify - only in the flavor text where it says "against enemies".

Thanks for the assistance with clarification.

Would like to know that too - my groups Amethyst Wizard uses this as AOE against my goblin henchmen group :(

(I limit him to only one extra manoeuvre - which is still 2 wounds for everyone in range)

Edited by thePREdiger

This isnt gospel. But I would think it meant.

You cast it.

While its charging you can use a manoeuvre to have fear 1.Otherwise you dont have fear 1,

Doesnt matter if you put it on multiple times on you via manoeuvre, you will still only be fear 1 and people only have to test once against you.

Any enemy must pass the fear check as normal. if they pass, your fear will never work on them.

Like I said, this is what I thought it meant

Its like being in an encounter with say 10 fear 1 skeletons. You only have to pass one fear 1 test, otherwise 10 fails you be passed out, so I doubt they have the meaning of having a check for each fear.

Or 5 fear 1 skels and a fear 2 wight. You only have to do the fear 2 check.

Edited by DurakBlackaxe