Badass names for rebel fighter squadrons

By ErikB, in General Discussion

So, we've got

Rogue Squadron

Wraith Squadron

Nomad Squadron

Nightmare Squadron

And of course the colour naming scheme - Red Squadron, Gold Squadron, Green Squadron etc.

Any others?

Bad Company

Are you referring to those which currently exist in Star Wars lore or are you looking for new suggestions?

Are you referring to those which currently exist in Star Wars lore or are you looking for new suggestions?

Either and both.

Easy Squadron

I like the idea of squadrons based on Sabacc suits: Coin Squadron, Flask Squadron, Sabre Squadron, Stave Squadron. I think there's already a few squads by the name of "Saber Squadron" in the EU, but AFAIK only one during the Galactic Civil War and it's Imperial.

Rancor Squadron

K'lorr Squadron

Sarlacc Squadron

Krayt Squadron

<insert-popular-SW-creature-here> Squadron

Flying Rancor Squadron

Although they're groundtroops rather than fighters squadrons, the Knight Errand book has squads with names of rare weapons.

The Starfighter video game has Sabaoth Squadron. I like the name enough that in my campaign, I made "sabaoth" the name for a breed of bird with sharp-edged wings (and had an assassin whose codename was Sabaoth).

In my campaign, there was also a mercenary fighter squad called Devil Squadron (all with red fighters; leader was Iktotchi, second-in-command was Zabrak, so they're all "horned" -- cheesy, I know) and a group of good-guy mercs called Rombo's Raiders.

The rough draft apparently had a Devil Squadron.

Floating Butterfly Squadron...?

Floating Butterfly Squadron...?

Stinging Bee Squadron?

Italian Stallion Squadron.

I like the idea of squadrons based on Sabacc suits: Coin Squadron, Flask Squadron, Sabre Squadron, Stave Squadron. I think there's already a few squads by the name of "Saber Squadron" in the EU, but AFAIK only one during the Galactic Civil War and it's Imperial.

In all seriousness, the above fits well in my honest opinion. :)

<insert-popular-SW-creature-here> Squadron

Aye. Wampa, Mynock and Gundark squadrons would seem appropriate.

And Womp Rat, although that violates the one word rule. And so would Black Nerf, but I'd allow it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJDHFF4-B8I

Maelstrom Squadron

Juggernaut Squadron

Mayhem Squadron

Halo Squadron

Cyclone Squadron

Hellion Squadron

Knave Squadron

Rascal Squadron

Miscreant Squadron

Edited by ErikB

Some non-attack squadrons might include names like

Intercessor Squadron

Repossessor Squadron

Slither Squadron (Pilot Recovery?)

Bogie Squadron (ELINT?)

(all those were from a WEG game I ran a long time ago)

Some more from other people's WEG games I've heard about

Target Wing (ELINT)

Inserter Squadron, Ovipositor Squadron (modified Y-wings with 1 crew, 1 astromech, and 3 passengers, but no torps)

Placer Wing's Gold Squadron, Ruby Squadron, and Emerald Squadron (same Y-Wing mods as inserter)

Many squadrons will be two-word names on paper, but one in practice - typically the wing name and a color, but usually operating under just the color if fielded in wing, and just the wing name if operating detatched.

So, for example, Placer Gold would be called Gold Squadron if the whole wing is deployed, but likely called Placer Squadron if another gold squadron is in use and the wing isn't fielded as a wing.

I'm also fond of Wild Cards squadron. (Yeah, I'm an S:A&B fan)

Magenta Squadron (Name of character's unit back in WEG had hoped to carry them over into Edge and AoR)

Vermillion Squadron (Name of replacement unit that was to introduce the above into Edge and AoR)

I think that last one is also Robotech inspired so might not be freely available...

Rouge Squadron. All female with pink

x-wings.

Rouge Squadron. All female with pink

x-wings.

Sign me up, Johnny.

Vornskyr Squadron

Death stalker was my squadron in Robotech

For palladium we had 3 wing of 4 squadrons named

The Pride Wing:

Snow leopards

Ice cats

Blue bobcats

White jaguars

The Happy Friends Wing:

Neon rainbow

Pastel Paisley

Fluffy bunnies

Blue eye kittens

The Armory Wing:

Cold steel

Blood groove

Highlander

Swift edge

Edited by Misfitsrun

our X-wing campaign squadron was Able Sqdn. when needed we called in assistance from Willing Sqdn.

I am incredibly disappointed that this thread reached page two before a single poster mentioned Dinner or Silly Squadrons, the unsung champions of starfighter combat. You should all be ashamed.

Spam Squadron

Flaming Squadron

The Empire are Nazis Squadron?

;)

Squadron Squadron.