Play CoC in Portland on 10/26 @ Guardian Games

By Yipe, in CoC General Discussion

If you're in the Pacific NW and like to play Call of Cthulhu, or are interested in giving the game a try for the first time, why not join us at Guardian Games' brand new 7,000 sq/ft location? Beginners are always welcome.

If you've never been to Guardian's new store I definitely recommend checking it out, it's an impressive space. They now have a dedicated parking lot (finally). Plus the bar has been expanded to include more tables and even beer on tap. What more could you ask for?

Oh, right... The first round is on me!

WHEN: Saturday, October 26th

WHERE: Guardian Games (NEW LOCATION!)

345 SE Taylor St
Portland, OR 97215

TIME: 12-5 PM

WHAT TO BRING: This is a casual event to reunite with friends new and old alike, and get everyone back in the swing of things. Bring whatever deck you want, and arrive late or leave early as your schedule dictates. I'll bring some Lovecraft-inspired films and perhaps a Cthulhu-themed Halloween cake to set the proper mood.

ABOUT US: Mythos and Microbrews is a group of Lovecraft enthusiasts who also like to drink beer. We play the Call of Cthulhu LCG once a month in the Critical Sip bar at Guardian Games and hold quarterly tournaments.

Be seeing you.

Matt

This should probably have been posted in 'Organized Play' instead of 'General Discussion'. Perhaps it could be moved? Sounds like a very nice event though! :)

Normally I post my announcements in the Organized Play section, but to be honest, this forum gets so little traffic I figured it would be best to stick it here.

UPDATE:

We're having a costume contest on the 26th! Yes, that's right. A costume contest. I know, I know, but Cthulhu demands hard sacrifices of us all...

In the spirit of Halloween, come dressed up as your favorite character from the Call of Cthulhu LCG. To help entice you out of your costume malaise, the best getup wins a $20 gift certificate to Guardian Games!

So dust off your grandpa's fedora and bust out that toy Tommy Gun hiding in the closet, it's time to get creative!

UPDATE:

Cthulhu Costume Prize Package Now $50!

The owner of Guardian Games is willing to add another $30 gift certificate to our contest if at least 8 people show up in costume. Combined with my $20, that's a Halloween treat you don't want to miss.

So what are you waiting for? Get your Cthulhu kit sorted out today!

Note that I'm still debating on how to divvy up the prizes. We may do a big fat $50 for 1st place, or $30 for 1st, $15 for 2nd, and $5 for 3rd to spread the Great Pumpkin's joy.