Dark Heresy 2 is Dead. Could we have a post op?

By LegendofOld, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Listen, if you're rejoicing at the demise of Dark Heresy 2 and the birth of Only War, the Dark Heresy edition, fine whatever. Congratulations. You don't need to come here to gloat.

What I'm wondering is if the staff at Fantasy Flight would be willing to knock up a final version of Dark Heresy 2 based on the beta updates that have come out so far and make it available for download. I'm not sure if that would be a pain in the ass or not, but I would be forever grateful if I could have a single PDF product for Dark Heresy 2 that would save me from having to flip through the updates every time I look at the rules.

If you, like me, loved Dark Heresy 2, please post a request here for a tweeked version of the Beta PDF. I'm not sure if FFG would be willing to do that or not, but I figure its worth asking.

Dark Heresy 2 is Dead. Could we have a post op?

No.

Make your own.

This is a dumb thread.

How can something that wasn't born yet, die.

Anyway Only War owns and you should be happy FFG was smart can carried stuff from that to DH2

I'd appreciate a copy of the current beta rules with the Beta Updates included in it. It's not something you can easily do at all, and for those of us who liked the new rules, it'd be great.

Nice to see the haters flaming though, nicely done guys *slow clap*

Obviously, now that they've chosen to take the whole thing back to formula, giving any support to the discarded version makes no sense on FFG's part.

Cry me a river. The company did what all companies do. They made a product and presented it as a beta. A lot of people hated it and company decided to go with older, but proven products that is well loved. It is like your bitching about the death of New Coca Cola and the Coca Cola company switch back to Classic Coca Cola.

Funny how the vitriol refuses to die down on both sides.

Sorry, but in all honesty despite how much I hated the wound system in the beta I still dislike how things just switch to Only War. It is just company got to do what a company got to do. Fantasy Flight wanted to do this system, but found out it was not going to be a wise investment so they switch back to OW which is proven to work.

My response was aimed at the original poster of this thread because he refuses to get it. Instead of just accepting it and moving forward like any reasonable person would had done for a game this guy decided to be a whiny spoiled brat. While acting like a whiny spoiled brat he demanded that can never happen. He has the beta and the updates. He got every thing he need. Sorry it didn't pan out the way that a lot of people wanted it which includes myself, but he has no reason to post this thread at all. He is just being a baby.

He is just being a baby.

Yeah, what a total git for politely asking if someone at FFG might have the time and inclination to compile the v2.3 material into a single pdf. Something we customers can't, or at least aren't supposed to be able to do ourselves.

Never have I heard anything so whiney, entitled and just plain obnoxiously rude. Off with his head, I say!

... Maybe you should just take a deep breath, Mr. Snowman, and chill.

He is just being a baby.

Yeah, what a total git for politely asking if someone at FFG might have the time and inclination to compile the v2.3 material into a single pdf. Something we customers can't, or at least aren't supposed to be able to do ourselves.

Never have I heard anything so whiney, entitled and just plain obnoxiously rude. Off with his head, I say!

Well, OP's sentiment was... deluded, for a lack of better word. I don't think he understood the full ramifications of his request.

Still, no reason to make assumptions and judgments the way Snowman did. That was plain uncalled for.

He is just being a baby.

Thank you.

Sorry, but in all honesty despite how much I hated the wound system in the beta I still dislike how things just switch to Only War. It is just company got to do what a company got to do. Fantasy Flight wanted to do this system, but found out it was not going to be a wise investment so they switch back to OW which is proven to work.

My response was aimed at the original poster of this thread because he refuses to get it. Instead of just accepting it and moving forward like any reasonable person would had done for a game this guy decided to be a whiny spoiled brat. While acting like a whiny spoiled brat he demanded that can never happen. He has the beta and the updates. He got every thing he need. Sorry it didn't pan out the way that a lot of people wanted it which includes myself, but he has no reason to post this thread at all. He is just being a baby.

Surprisingly, the only person whining about anything, and acting like a child, are those complaining about the OP. If you disagree, just ignore the thread.

I think the wish of the OP is understandable, and also something I share.

But accourding to economical reasons, this is not going to happen. :(

Surprisingly, the only person whining about anything, and acting like a child, are those complaining about the OP. If you disagree, just ignore the thread.

With the beta effectively stalled until the end of November, people are becoming bored and restless.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP, though I found it passive-agressive whiny. The content is all there for someone with a bit of time to compile into their very own version. I've already partly done so, although I won't be sharing.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP, though I found it passive-agressive whiny. The content is all there for someone with a bit of time to compile into their very own version. I've already partly done so, although I won't be sharing.

It'd be great if there was some way to prove we're actual customers, because we're doing the same thing at the moment. Or rather, I think one of my playmates will have "first pass" conversion of DH2.3b in document form ready this weekend, and at some point after that (when the rest of our group's whining grows more intolerable that the extreme dullness of the task, probably, lol) I'll edit out the worst deluges of flavour and convert the thing to html.

So.. I'm guessing it would probably speed things up considerably to collaborate, but... RPGs are so **** niche I would hate myself if such a thing suddenly showed up as a download somewhere.

Paradox Games (video game publisher) has a system where people has to input a serial number to gain access to the forums. FFG doing something similar might be a boon to both them and us.

A player maintained "living html" would be fantastic, and no doubt save at least both our groups a huge amount of really not the least bit interesting work.

This is where an online ruleset would come into its own, but we've done that argument.

Edited by MaliciousOnion

True. But it's such a good idea it just begged to be said twice :P

... Plus, I'm like pre-emptively traumatised by the staggering amount of dull in my far too immediate future. We already went through this with DH-RT-BC-OW. Honestly I don't even understand why I agreed to go through it again with the 2.3 beta already. I mean, who knows? DH2e proper might turn out to be better.

from what I see the DH2 beta is fairly well done and wont take too much work to fix if you want to use that. If like most people I have seen here you want the rule set to be more in line with what is currently out there (Only war, Black crusade, Etc.) then use the new rules they come out with.

I don't see the issue here.

Problem would rather be to also needing to adjust future supplements... :(

Problem would rather be to also needing to adjust future supplements... :(

Doesn't seem to hard to do, The main problem you will have is the combat system. A little bit of a modification to the stats of the npcs should get you pretty far.

I think the main problem will actually be availability of the original rules. FFG are unlikely to want to keep making the original beta available to all and sundry whether they've cleaned it up as the OP requested or left it in it's rough form. Which leaves the very small pool of those of us who bought it originally which makes for a small community. I'm not sure how much could be posted online as 'community rules' before getting into a sticky situation for copying and pasting from FFG's PDF.

I'd be happy to add all sorts of NPCs and beasties, but without FFG backing the rules, the community is going to be a small one.

I think the main problem will actually be availability of the original rules. FFG are unlikely to want to keep making the original beta available to all and sundry whether they've cleaned it up as the OP requested or left it in it's rough form. Which leaves the very small pool of those of us who bought it originally which makes for a small community. I'm not sure how much could be posted online as 'community rules' before getting into a sticky situation for copying and pasting from FFG's PDF.

I guess the Beta is pretty much abandonware by now, so I don't think that sharing the rules is a problem. Especially if you tweaked the rules to be less Beta-ish (like a wound system fix).

IMHO, an open "Failed Beta Version Workshop" would be awesome: we could have a sub-forum for the Failed Beta rules and people could post their fixes/addons to the system. Everyone would win with this: the players would have their rules and the creators would have an infinite (and free) supply of ideas to grab for the new version.

I guess the Beta is pretty much abandonware by now, so I don't think that sharing the rules is a problem. Especially if you tweaked the rules to be less Beta-ish (like a wound system fix).

Seeing how FFG has all the reasons to make the abandoned rules forgotten by everyone ASAP, I'd wager they won't take kindly to people sharing it freely. As much as they can realistically influence it, at least - we all know that stopping a group of determined people from sharing files between themselves over the net is like fighting windmills, but I wouldn't expect an official blessing for that any time soon.

IMHO, an open "Failed Beta Version Workshop" would be awesome: we could have a sub-forum for the Failed Beta rules and people could post their fixes/addons to the system. Everyone would win with this: the players would have their rules and the creators would have an infinite (and free) supply of ideas to grab for the new version.

Except that the players who'd have "their" rules would be less inclined to ever buy the actual DH2 from FFG (which, if the beta ultimately dies, some of the people who liked it might still be inclined to do at some point in the future). And the fact that swiping fan content off the forum for an official release opens up all kinds of legal hell upon the company.

All in all, FFG wouldn't "win" in the slightest with this solution, and they have absolutely zero incentive to even mention their failed half-product ever again.