UFS Event at Texas Anime Convention! (we have 4 unopened Realm of Midnight boxes!)

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Fan Announcements

Before I begin, I just want to announce this publicly since I about soiled my loins upon hearing this, but...

WE HAVE 4 UNOPENED BOXES OF REALM OF MIDNIGHT!

read on :)

Hey all. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I really wanted to get the word out. For those of you who play in a respectable playerbase, I have none. The remaining UFS players don't gather anymore because our scout quit, our veteran players started Dragonball (and thus quit UFS), and it just seems anti-climactic having a tourney every week of 3-5 people tops. So, I'm hosting my own pre-release event, and I'd really like to hear who's interested.

Details

Fortunately for us, we will be getting all Soul Calibur IV and ShadoWar supplies the day after its release, so this is a perfect time to get a look into the new sets. I'll be hosting a short, likely 30 minute demonstration to display how the game is played using simple demo decks and understandable language, and after that, if we can get as minimal as 4 people (maximum 32) to sign up and pay, we will have a tournament.

Rules:

-25 dollar entry fee
-One starter deck of either Soul Calibur IV or ShadoWar.
-Three booster packs that correlate to the starter deck you have selected.
-No outside cards (AKA cheating and disqualification).

Depending on how many people show up will determine whether we do round robin (everybody plays everybody) or swiss (randomly sorted matches, top 4/8, etc).

Prize support:

We have a TON of block 3 promos, and...

2 COPIES OF LORD OF THE MAKAI AS PRIZE SUPPORT!

But, we also have tons of Amy's, Revanant's, Hualin's, plenty of good stuff.

As my local card store is supporting this event, we ought to have other card games, but I told her we mostly need UFS. She will likely give us 1 box of each set, and 2 of the new ones.

Con information

The anime convention is called O'Con. It's in San Antonio and is happening at Sandra Day O'Connor High School. If you pay at the door, it's 7 dollars. It is April 18th (a Saturday), from 12 in the morning until 9 PM.

We are having video games as well as tournaments for Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Prize support is yet to be determined, but it's likely to be Gamestop gift cards of 20 dollars or more. Nevertheless, it'll be unlimited gaming. We'll have any console you could want, and probably any game you could want.

Plenty of other anime con events you could expect (and as of right now, we're actually still accepting more). We'll have cosplay contests and skits, voice actor panels, vendors selling art and anime-related goods (anime, manga, plushies, etc), and of course, a two hour rave.

If you're interested at all, please comment here, or mesage me. Much thanks!

For the demo-ing, I'd made a playmat that distinguishes the parts of the playing field (card pool, staging area, momentum, etc) and makes counting progressive difficulty easier similar to how the online Flash demo has it layed out. If you're interested in printing out some, I can e-mail the file to ya. Let me know what's up.

Oh dude, any help of any kind is appreciated. You have my E-Mail.

The Austin crew has sent me no such E-Mail. Is anybody else interested that you can think of?

Also, I called Fantasy Flight, talked to a guy, and he claimed that somebody that deals with UFS would call back (but hasn't yet, so I guess I'll have to call back =/). Obviously I've got the support of my local card shop, which basically means I have access to ALL of our promos (including, as I mentioned, 2 Lord of the Makai), but I'm trying to see if Fantasy Flight is willing to send me any other promotional support, especially if we put their name on our pamphlets.

Oh hey, Im from austin. what kind of help were you lookin for? Not sure if any of us can make it down to san antonio that day.

=/

Mostly, we need people to show up. If you can't, but think others will, obviously spread the word. Mostly, tell people it's an anime convention; that ought to help just get people alone. But advertise the UFS event, and that we need participants and have great rewards.