Casterly Rock, a new AGoT web

By Aioria, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Welcome, travelers from all over Westeros and beyond the Narrow Sea, to Casterly Rock!
Casterly Rock is a web dedicated to A Game of Thrones LCG, inspired by the marvelous saga A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.
We have a new format, a new web address (www.Rocacasterly.com) and a lot of will to keep building a place for all A Game of Thrones players from across the globe. We have renewed totally its visual aspect, trying to create a simple, intuitive, practical, elegant and nicely displayed website.
The playing community has grown immensely these last years and, most important, it has globalized. Through the net, many players from all over the world can exchange ideas, decks, opinions and even play without leaving their house. It’s because of that, that in this new version our intention is not to reach only the Spanish community of followers, but to cross all frontiers and publish as well in English with the aim of reaching as many players as possible. That’s why the entire web’s content will be available in both languages: Spanish and English.
And now… let the Rains of Castamere sound!

Site looks great! I can't wait to see some content.

Hello players of the only game that matters!

And finally here it is: our very first article in the relaunched version of Casterly Rock! In it we analyze the character of Ser Jaime Lannister and his five different versions in the game. Because there are no men like him, no other way could be better to start this new adventure.

We hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed writing it. Let us know in this thread what articles you would like to read in the future!

Let the Rains begin!

Hello folks!

Here you have our second entry in Casterly Rock: Westeros Basic Economics 101 (I). In this article you will find useful info regarding your gold curve: how to build it and make it stable, locations that might help you on that purpose and some advice when adapting it to the current metagame.

www.rocacasterly.com/index.php/casterlyrock

It will be followed by a second part in a few days, Westeros Basic Economics 101 (II), so stay tuned for updates!

See you!

Hi guys!

On the 5th and 6th October took place the last stop of the A Game of Thrones LCG European Circuit with the Tourney of the Hand , played in the french city of Lille. This way the route that has brought us through a good part of the European geography was closed, and that started with Battle for the Wall in Madrid (March), following MGST in Milano (May), Flea Bottom Fracas in Warsaw (August) and thisTourney of the Hand in Lille (October).

Today we bring you with Alquimista 's courtesy the deck that he played in the Tourney of the Hand in Lille, a really singular list Baratheon Knights of the Hollow Hill, that has received a lot of compliments because of its creativity, versatility and power.

The King in the Hill!!!

Beer and wild boards for everyone!

Hello fellow AGoT players,

You have now available a new article in Casterly Rock! With it we're opening a new monthly section, where we will be sharing our ideas about the new chapter releases, card by card. Let us know what your point of view is in the comment section below.

Also, we want to announce that we'll publish the first article in the interview section really soon... And we can promise, it is going to be a blast! So stay tuned for more info, releases and surprises about the Only Game that Matters.

Have a great day!
Hi folks!

Last 14th of October a new update of the A Game o Thrones LCG FAQs (frequently asked questions) was published in its 4.2 version.

In these 4.2 FAQs we see how some of the cards that entered the list at that time get out again to incorporate themselves again with full power in the competitive game. We are going to try to analyze in the most realistic way how these FAQs might have an influence in the metagame and how new ways are opened in the deckbuilding process right before the two big yearly dates of the competitive year: the World Championship and the European Championship Castle Stahleck.

I hope read your impressions!

Edited by Aioria
Hey there guys,

Finally, here you have the second part of Basic Westeros Economics 101: The Economic War. In it you will be able to read some of the key points to succesfully attack your opponent's economy while empowering your own. If you combine it with a good gold curve for your deck, your victory will almost be sure.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Stay awesome!
Hi there!

We are back from Minnesota!! However while we were in US, Casterly Rock still worked!

Two articles were published the last week, and we would like share them with you.

First: We inaugurated the Rookies sections with a fantastic article written by Lady Allyia (Ingrid) about the specific cardgame terminology. Typical player's slang !

Second: We had a great collaboration with an article written by Alquimista about his trip around Europe in the AGoT European Circuit, playing tournaments in Spain, Italy, Poland and France. And as Robert Baratheon would say " Making the eight! "

We hope you'll enjoy reading us!
Hi there!

As many of you may already know (Raxar made sure of that) last 9th of November I won the A Game of Thrones LCG World Championship, that took place in the Fantasy Flight Games Center in Roseville,Minnesota.

It was an incredible tournament, with 138 players and where lots of people with different playing skills and from different places got to meet. I had the privilege of being able to play in the tournament, being the first non US player to win the worlds.

In this article I will try to reunite all the great moments that we lived during our stay in Minnesota and in the tournament. It won't be exactly a report; for that I am afraid that we will have to wait just a little more.

Thank you very much everybody!!
A few weeks have already passed since worlds, but until today I just couldn't find the time to sit down and write an appropriate report of the games. This month of November has been unforgettable, but also exhausting.

Just a couple of weeks after the worlds took place the European AGoT LCG Championship that is held every year in Stahleck, and with the jet lag of our trip back and the preparation of Stahleck, I haven’t been able to stop a single minute.

I wrote down some of the info of each game, but having passed so many days my memory isn't going to be enough for an exhaustive report of the technical aspects of the game; instead it will be a succession of the games that I played, with general dynamics. I hope you will forgive me, but my head is just not enough!.

But as it is said, the best is yet to come

I will post my deck this week, so stay tunned!