GS moving question...

By AlphaKlerik, in Death Angel

Picked up the game this past weekend and played once with my son. We are loving the game. Going through a playthrough online as well as rereading the manual I have spotted several mistakes I made.

One thing I can't seem to get clarification on is GS movement. Page 22 says:

If the movement icon is arrows pointing up and
down, then every swarm that contains this type
of Genestealer will move to an adjacent position.
A Genestealer’s type is defined as the icon on the
lower left corner of the card.

Now we interpreted as meaning all GS cards with the specified icon move. In the video I am currently watching he moved the entire swarm (including GS with different icons). So do just the individual GS with the specified icon or all GS in a swarm if any one or more GS contain the specified icon? This applies to flanking as well. Just curious if it just the GS with the specified icon or all other GS in that swarm.

A swam it self is defined as: A group of one or more Genestealers on the same side and position of the formation.

Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

The swarm, including the GS that dont match the same icon, all moves together. They move in the direction of the little arrow thats on the SM card (Closest to the GS). But if that forces the GS to go off the top or below the formation then the GS flank. Which means, behind the engaged SM. If the GS are already behind the SM, then the GS swarm stays put.

The direction are not written that well...but still a really fun game.