Force Trees

By BroodyGambit, in General Discussion

I was wondering for those who have the beta. In EOTE, there are the three force trees Move, sense, and influence. In this book are they adding any new trees. I ask because my wife is the FSE in our game and a mechanic. She is a big fan of Anakin Solo and wants to play a technopath and was hoping for that upgrade in later books.

There are 2 new force powers in Age of Rebellion "Foresee" which gives you bonus to initiative and glimpses into the near future, and there is "Enhance" which gives you bonuses to athletics and eventually other skills. The final upgrades allow you to commit a force die raise your brawn or agility by 1 (depending on how you traverse the tree). Another part of the enhance tree allows to you force leap in various ways.

Edited by kaosoe

Thanks for the info, here's to hoping that they may add it in the final draft or in the final book.

Thanks for the info, here's to hoping that they may add it in the final draft or in the final book.

Doubtful.

Going by the EotE Beta, which had Influence, Sense, and Move, and that the final version only had those three powers, I suspect the final version of the AoR core rulebook will just have Enhance, Foresee, and Move.

Remember, Force-users aren't the major focus of EotE or AoR, being an optional add-on for the game (which is why the Force chapter is the last PC chapter in the book), so FFG isn't going to cover every little Force-related thing that crops up in the EU. If anything, that sort of stuff will be saved for supplements for the Force & Destiny product line, as I doubt the F&D core rulebook will go that far beyond the "basic" powers that we commonly see Force-users, particularly the Jedi, make heavy use of in the films and EU.

As for your wife's PC and wanting to be a techno-path, simply purchase ranks in Mechanics and the Technician spec, and say that her technical ability is due to her Force-sensitivity. As a semi-related example, Kaylee from Firefly/Serenity had no formal training on fixing ships, yet she's able to intuitively understand what's wrong with Serenity and fix the problem better than some professionally trained mechanics.

Could you explain how you commit a force die to increasing a stat? Does that mean you no longer have a force die and otherwise it's like Dedication? If that is the case then I don't like that all.

Could you explain how you commit a force die to increasing a stat? Does that mean you no longer have a force die and otherwise it's like Dedication? If that is the case then I don't like that all.

When you commit a Force die to an action (under the Sense Force tree it can be used to adjust dice pools during an attack, or under the Enhance Force tree it is used to give either a boost to Brawn or Agility) you have one less Force die to roll in the activation of Force powers.

When you commit a Force die to an action (under the Sense Force tree it can be used to adjust dice pools during an attack, or under the Enhance Force tree it is used to give either a boost to Brawn or Agility) you have one less Force die to roll in the activation of Force powers.

He's correct (I assume he, simply because of your avatar). The idea would be that when an encounter starts, a person with the correct upgrades that wants to change is 4 in Agi to 5 will declare that he or she wants to commit a force die for the remainder of the encounter (or until he or she needs the force die for something else, such as activating a different force power). If the Force Sensitive: Emergant has a force raiting higher than one, that person can commit one FD to give a temporary boost to their Agi, and use his or her remaining FD for other powers.

Edited by kaosoe