Missing Weapon Mod

By Dulahan, in General Discussion

Essentially, one that gives the ability to break down your gun to fit in a brief case. Decreasing bulk and difficulty to hide it, but at the expense of needing to spend time assembling it to use it.

So yes, the Sniper Rifle mod. We see this a couple times in The Clone Wars series.

But it especially makes sense as something useful for the Rebels who might (even more especially, a Sniper Spec!) want to go and snipe off an Imperial Officer, but it can be really hard to sneak a rifle around, it's the perfect thing for the Sharpshooter on the go!

And obviously this one makes a ton of sense for Edge too. A few different concepts it could work for.

I made a sort of collapsible attachment for my catalogue of shinies (see sig if interested).

I can't remember the exact stat or cost, but a simple version is that the attachment consumes some 2 CHPs I would think? And adds the Prepare 3 quality to the weapon, with additional modification decreasing this quality to a minimum of Prepare 1... additionally its now easier to conceal and carry around, add a boost die for concealment... and further mods could perhaps shield it from sensors too? of course that could just be the special case you carry it around in :ph34r:

Well, to stay in theme with a Sniper weapon. It shouldn't take so many HPs it negates being able to get a Scope and Sniper barrel. Just a thought.

Can't just about any weapon be disassembled? I don't think this requires an attachment.

I think there is a difference between a weapon you can take apart and put back together with tools (or at least something to put all the bits on so you don't lose anything) and one intended to be quickly assembled and disassembled in the field without losing its zero.

Accuracy International make an Arctic Warfare Covert model that comes with a folding stock and detachable barrel and silencer so it will fit in a briefcase.

AI2.jpg

Edited by ErikB

Disassemblable doesn't sound like a Mod but rather a planned feature.

Jegergryte already pointed out the Weapon Quality " Prepare ". Not sure if you had noticed it since it's a new quality that is being added to Age of Rebellion .

It's pretty much all you need. Make it at least Prepare 3 so it can't be assembled and fired in the same round.

Maybe FFG could also add Sporting blasters to the book.

Some extracts from wookieepedia:

• The reason for the nobility carrying sporting blasters lay in the fact that most models could be quickly and easily broken down into three parts and then put back together for transport.
  • The X-45 sniper rifle , manufactured by the SoroSuub Corporation, was a medium-sized sporting blaster rifle noted for its high accuracy, especially if the target was within a fifty-meter range and the shooter fired in controlled single shots. The energy beam it fired was overfocused in the barrel, which resulted in a thinner but much more lethal blaster bolt. Using the X-45 allowed the shooter to pick off his target without drawing too much attention. The rifle had a long computerized targeting scope that was nearly the same length as the X-45's body, a stock, and a clip capacity of twenty-five shots. The X-45 weighed four kilograms and had a maximum range of 500 meters. The rifle could be disassembled and put into a specially made case . The X-45's major drawback was its extreme fragility, so the rifle was normally carried in the case until it was needed. The entire process of unpackaging and assembling the rifle took some time . The X-45 cost between 750[3] and 1,000 credits.
  • The Merr-Sonn LD-1 target blaster rifle was technically a sporting blaster , but in actuality it was nearly as powerful as a military-grade blaster rifle like the E-11. This was intentional - the goal of the project was to create a weapon that approaches the damage of a blaster rifle without the pesky legal restrictions that come with such weapons. The LD-1, with its long barrel, was quite useful as a sniper rifle , and could be disassembled into a carrying case like most such weapons. Additionally, the weapon featured an integrated macroscope and autosteady gyro-gimbals that drastically helped with balance and sighting.

Edited by Aazlain

Prepare also appears in EotE ;) but yeah. The attachment in my catalogue does not include the Prepare quality since it was made during the beta, but in the coming update (which will take time as RL stuff is continually getting in the way) it will be changed to accommodate the new options in the corebook.

I also think there's a difference between a disassembled weapon and a weapon that can be taken apart for easy concealment. The former is for maintenance, which is important, the latter is not.

Dulahan, are you thinking something along the lines of the M4 or the AR-7 ?