What vehicles and starships are in the Beta?

By HappyDaze, in General Discussion

I know someone made a list of all of the vehicles and starships to be found in the Beta, but I can't seem to find it. Could someone either repost it or link to it?

Also, is the Sentinel or another Imperial landing craft detailed?

According to khaine1969's list, the Sentinel made it in:

What new ships are there?

Oh man, thats the bonus eh?

a-wing

x-wing

b-wing

Tie interceptor

Tie defender

Tie bomber

Sentinel

Vigil

Yv-929

Gozanti

Lancer frigate

Dreadnought heavy cruiser

Vindicator

Immobilizer (interdictor)

Imperial I SD

Praetor II SD (silhouette 9, 185 hull, 11 armor pig)

Victory SD

mc 80 liberty (mon cal ship)

No mention of the Executor or the Death Star II having stat blocks in the existing beta book, the Praetor II is as big as it gets in the beta on the Imperial side, and the Liberty -type MC80 is as big as it gets on the Rebel side; if I recall correctly, the MC80 and the Imperial I SD are both Silhouette 8, so for the "main capital ships" on both sides we have an idea of what the Silhouette categories are representing size-wise. For what it's worth the Praetor II is the retconned class name for Admiral Giel's starship from the Marvel Star Wars comics as alluded to here ... a link with a rather fascinating characterization of Vader (and a deliberate knock against much of the EU's take on him: " I think that’s a good summary of Vader’s role in the popular imagination, but a poor summary of his role in Episode IV — and unfortunately, that summary shaped the portrayal of Vader and key events in the Expanded Universe, closing off a number of very interesting storytelling possibilities in favor of more obvious fare .").

Edited by Chortles

Anybody have any idea what the stats for the MTT, or the AAT would be? I'm running an adventure and wanted to throw some old Clone Wars era battle droids along with some of their tamks and other vehicles maybe. Just curious waht stats these might have.

Anybody have any idea what the stats for the MTT, or the AAT would be? I'm running an adventure and wanted to throw some old Clone Wars era battle droids along with some of their tamks and other vehicles maybe. Just curious waht stats these might have.

Handling: -2.

Crew: One pilot, one co-pilot/gunner/engineer, one troop deployment rack operator, one "controller"/overseer (on a catwalk).

Passengers: 112 B1 droids or twenty droidekas.

Encumbrance: Not sure, but 12 metric tons is the stat to "translate" from.

Cost: 138,000 credits ®/5. (Wookiepedia also cites 80,000 used, but I'm throwing in Restricted as an legacy of the Clone Wars crackdown on Separatist hardware.)

Weapons: Forward Mounted Twin Heavy Blaster Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Close]; Linked 3).

The AAT on the other hand is more like an armed and armored Speeder Truck:

Armor: 4

HT Threshold: 30

SS Threshold: 25

Crew: One pilot, two gunners, one commander.

Passengers: Six (exterior handholds).

Weapons: Forward Mounted Heavy Laser Cannon (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; commander controlled), Forward Mounted Light Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1), Forward Mounted Auto-Blasters (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Close]; Auto-Fire, Linked 1), Forward Mounted Energized Shell Launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [short]; Blast 2, Breach 2, Limited Ammo 55, Slow-Firing 1, can only be replenished onboard a C-9979 landing craft with operable garage and not in the field).

The Energized Shell Launchers were my personal guesstimation, with their weaker-than-concussion-missile stats meant to compensate for the sheer capacity, while the bit about a C-9979 lander was from Wookieepedia (specifically, replacement of the entire lower hull which contains both the propulsion/lift and the launch tubes/shell ammunition; I treated it all as general-purpose "high energy" shells, but in practice there'd be a mix of HE, armor-piercing and so-called "bunker buster" shells, the latter for use against structures).

Cool, awesome thanks...

Note that I have no evidence on the AAT's defensive stats, the above was just thrown out there for the most part, the energized shell launchers were purely conjecture. Note that there's a total of 55 shells combined, but there's as many as six launch tubes, so in fact it should have Linked 5 ...

Note that I have no evidence on the AAT's defensive stats, the above was just thrown out there for the most part, the energized shell launchers were purely conjecture. Note that there's a total of 55 shells combined, but there's as many as six launch tubes, so in fact it should have Linked 5 ...

Of course, we could also go with an alternate take where each pair of tubes (Linked 1) fires every third turn (Slow-Firing 2), so the net effect of ripple fire would be to have Linked 1 with no Slow-Firing (since any given set of tubes never fires more often than every third turn anyway).

How would you stat this up, as Three Forward Mounted Twin Energized Shell Launchers (Slow-Firing 2, Linked 1) or...? Mind you, I have no evidence from Episode I or the EU with which to find its firing rate.

How would you stat this up, as Three Forward Mounted Twin Energized Shell Launchers (Slow-Firing 2, Linked 1) or...? Mind you, I have no evidence from Episode I or the EU with which to find its firing rate.

I'd stat it up as one weapon with Linked 1 and drop Slow-Firing since the weapon alternates between three sets of tubes.