Quick and Dirty Questions

By Necrozius, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

For starters:

Unless stated otherwise, can a target attempt to Dodge a Psychic attack? Namely projectile type powers, like Fire Bolt.

Also, I presume Armor will reduce the damage? Once again, unless it says otherwise.

Good question. Considering that dodging or parrying is not forbidden in the description of the psi powers a character should still be able to do that.

After all, all non-damaging psipowers allow you a willpower-test against them, so against directly damaging powers you should be able to dodge/parry.

And as long as it does not say that it ignores armour and/or toughness, these apply too.

How about using a force weapon to parry a firebolt (or whatever) out of the air as if it were a projectile and you were using whatever that talent is that allows you to parry primitive weapons' fire . Sorry, I don't have my rulebook with me.

Perhaps doing something like that should require a Willpower test in place of a Weapon Skill test? Just throwing it out there.

I have a question which may have a simple answer, but I'd like to clear it up just in case:

This is about taking actions which do not allow you to have a Dodge or Parry reaction in a round (ie, All Out Attack).

Basically, if you take an action like this, it means that you cannot Parry or Dodge this round.

What bothers me is this:

Here is an example. The following characters are in combat. They are listed in order of initiative, from first to act to last:

1. Goon A

2. Goon B

3. Goon C

Let's say that on Goon A's turn, he attacks Goon C.

Goon C uses a reaction to Dodge or Parry this attack. Fine enough.

On Goon C's turn (which is the last turn this round, since he is last in initiative), he uses the All-Out-Attack action. This means that this round, he cannot take any dodge or parry actions.

This means that whoever is last in the order of initiative can take All Out Attack actions without consequences. WTF?

What this MUST mean, is that Goon C cannot Dodge or Parry until his NEXT turn, correct? That would make sense, I guess.

How is this supposed to work?

Psychic projectiles can be dodged, yes. Assuming the would-be victim can see it coming.

As for stuff that denies an action "for that turn" I'd say it'd be until the character's next turn. Otherwise you have people abusing the fact they're on low initiative.

by the book, p190

"All Out Attack
[...], but you may not Parry or Dodge until your next Turn"

not "until next Round". Don't mix Rounds and Turns

Exarkfr said:

by the book, p190

"All Out Attack
[...], but you may not Parry or Dodge until your next Turn"

not "until next Round". Don't mix Rounds and Turns

Thanks- this was the answer that I was looking for.

Is the forum REALLY slow for anyone else?

Necrozius said:

Is the forum REALLY slow for anyone else?

Indeed

The forum's sacred Machine Spirit seems sleepy. A Tech-priest could chant the right litany, maybe ?

Another one (yup, I've got lots of these):

Does the bonus from the Talent "Crushing Blow" apply to ALL melee damage? Including Unarmed combat?

Probably not, but I thought that I'd ask just in case...

Reading the description of the talent, it says all melee attacks. This, to me, would mean that would include unarmed attacks also. Whether you are armed or not, you know how to hit and where to cause that bit more of damage. Difference between a street brawler and a trained martial artist.

I allow doging directed Psy-Attacks. But I take the difference of successes as a margin of success. So the Acolytes better role a good result. partido_risa.gif