Choosing the High Ground

By Budgernaut, in BattleLore

So, there's a new preview up.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4366

I tell ya, every time I see those figures, I get really excited for this game. There's something about the familiar Terrinoth units that just grabs me!

In looking at the setup cards, a thought occurred to me: all the terrain is green, so what will it look like for the Latari Elves to have their starting hexes on their scenario cards? I know, that's really not a concern. There are lots of shades of green and they could probably go with a darker green that will be easily discerned. Still, green on green sounds funny to me.

As for the actual topic, I'm excited to see how feasible it is to choose different unit composition on the same scenario card in order to try a different strategy.

Here is even a bigger concern - some people are red/green colorblind.

And it seems the starting army spots are red and the background green. I do hope there will be some way (additional symbols like *,#,+ etc) on the cards to differentiate. I didn't see any such item on the cards on the video.

Cab

Here is even a bigger concern - some people are red/green colorblind.

And it seems the starting army spots are red and the background green. I do hope there will be some way (additional symbols like *,#,+ etc) on the cards to differentiate. I didn't see any such item on the cards on the video.

Cab

That is a very, very good point. I guess R/G colorblind people have to play Daqan and can't play as the Uthuk. I do have a friend who is colorblind, and he says he can get by as long as the red and green are different shades. I'm not sure if the Uthuk cards' red and green are different enough.

EDIT: Okay, I just showed my friend. Once I pointed out where the red starting hexes were, he could see them alright because the shades were different enough. Hopefully most people can cope. I agree, though, that it would have been nice to use a non-red/green symbol in stead of or in addition to the shading.

Edited by Budgernaut