Regular Skype Games DH2 anyone?

By PhilOfCalth, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

- Player/GM Feedback -

Character creation: Quicker and simplier than before, everyone liked it

AP System: Universally disliked. I though it might work but keeping track of NPC APs is a pain, so now I'm against it. My charge mechanic changes didn't help things.

Wounds System: Generally liked, certainly not hated by anyone. It could do with more tweaking.

Skills: On a personal note I found it hard to remember which group a paticular skill came under, even with my notes. I will look at simplifing for future games.

Mechanics: I had to come up with a mechanic for grappelling as the body snatchers do it a lot.

Edited by PhilOfCalth

- Notes for the next Game -
Everyone who lost their weapons and armour wil be reembursed by the holly ordos. I have not decided what weapons to give you but armour will be as follows:

Each acolite will recieve a good quality body suit and a heavy overcoat. Each overcoat will be personalised to suit the Acolite. So Azarch's will have his gang colours on it. Chace's will have a hood. In total you will have 2 armour on the head and 3 everywhere else.

I'll talk to you individually about getting weapons back but it will be a step up from what you had.

I did not give anyone penalties for using low tech weapons without training in the last game. I will in the next one, so I suggest everyone takes it, considering how much you seem to like hitting people with pistols and medi-kits.

In the next game you will have to come up with your own false identities. Just something to think about.

I will assume for the next game that you all gave a complete aural report to Sand.

The mechanic used for grappelling in the last game will be kept:

To beguin a grapple you need to pass an unarmed WS attack. To gain the upper hand and subdue an enemy you need to winn an opposed strength test with them.

New charge mechanic:

Charging gets you a +20 to a WS test if it is the next action you take. (you no longer get a S bonus or an AP back)

Edited by PhilOfCalth

It turns out that I won't have internet access next weekend. So that makes next game 9th-Nov-13

The good news is that my GF is 75% through character creation. So she should be ready to play with us next time.

Edited by PhilOfCalth

nice

I just wanted to say that this thread has been a lot of fun to read to see all of the creative ways to spell words.

That makes me nervous boss.

I just wanted to say that this thread has been a lot of fun to read to see all of the creative ways to spell words.

Yea I can only get external internet in work using an old version of IE and I had so much to type I wasn't willing to spell check or re-read it like I usually would.

That makes me nervous boss.

What part makes you nervous?

Eh it was a bit of a joke. Everytime I've had a gal play in one of my games, especially Black Crusade, they tend to be very scary... Very powerful... Very unstable Psykers. Quite nasty! They do provide relief though. I had one summon a greater demon of Khorne somehow.... I don't remember how she did it, but things did not end well for her. I'm excited for another player though.

She did kinda want to play a psyker, but I told her there's a null on the team which will hamper her a bit and it means extra rules to learn... Maybe for next time.

She's gone with:

Feral World - To explain her lack of knowledge of the greater Imperium/Lore

Outcast - To explain her unusual nature

Sage - Because she likes the colour!

I think her backstory is going to be some sort of wandering story teller. She will try fill the group's gap for hand-to-hand and rememberance, but that much isn't set yet.

I'm gonna be out if town next weekend (8-11 Nov) anyway we can change it to anothe day?

How are you for the weekend after?

Equipment From the Holy Ordos

Azarch - Compact Laspistol with Variable setting (From OW), 2 clips, Monoknife, Frag Grenade, Photon Flash Grenade

Eizen - Stub revolver with suppressor, 2 clips, Good quality Combat shotgun with 2 clips, Mono knife, Frag grenade

Chace - 2 Best quality stub automatics, 4 clips, monoknife, frag grenade

In addition everyone can get half their Inf bonus (Rounding up) worth of extra equipment of Rare or more common availability.

You will get some small extra equipment for your next mission and you'll have a chance to try to acquire some yourself.

When everyone has their experience spent and their new equipment aquired please resend me your character sheet.

Edited by PhilOfCalth

Yeah, sorry I'm dragging my feet on that. Trying to decide on equipment between hangovers. Are we moving the game to next weekend now?

Oh smeg did I forget to tell yous that I couldn't make it. I had a seriously hectic long weekend. And not a sober one at that!

Yea we're still on, but Thom will be missing again. I'll figure out all the international times tomorrow and post them.

Everyone is dragging their heels mate. Not having it sent to me before the next session will only slow down the startup. Not having updated will only have you with a weaker character that is more lightly to die :P

Game Starts at 10am EST, 9pm China time!

Looks like we've fallen through this week mostly due to my time zone calculations.

Let's try again for next week (16-11-13) 9am EST, 2pm GMT, 10pm China. I'll have to go at 5 so it'll have to be a quick one.

I'll get a summary of the last game up today or tomorrow.

Next Game is on Saturday (23-11-13) 9am EST, 2pm GMT, 10pm China

Edited by PhilOfCalth

GM: "How many wounds do you have?"

Eizen: I have one wound and a crit wound

Chace: "That's really bad, don't get shot again"

GM: "You've been shot again..."

tumblr_m5ugeeMzGi1qk2t5co1_500.jpg

GM: "You're charging towards the space marine... in a tractor...?"

"**** right"