How are YOU introducing the Rebels?

By Shakespearian_Soldier, in General Discussion

The introduction of the Rebel Alliance as more than just a rumour or distant organisation is something that most EOTE groups will have to go through, especially if they plan on actually having their PCs become involved in the Galactic Civil War. Sometimes PCs will have background with the Rebels, but sometimes the group will have had no prior dealings with the Alliance.

So it begs the question: how are the GMs here planning on having their group of fringers encounter the Rebel Alliance for the first time, in a way that makes such a fateful meeting memorable and impacting on the characters? As some players see the inclusion of this organisation as a precursor to ongoing conflict with the Empire that they will be involved in , especially if they've had no dealings or encounters with the Imperials beforehand, this is a point worth discussing.

My thoughts are that smugglers and fringe personalities have probably been employed by rebel personalities to move material without Imperial forces intercepting it. This would make a natural connection between the fringe elements and the rebellion. Take a look at A.C. Crispin's Rebel Dawn book. Han Solo and other personalities and helping the rebellion.

- REMOVED BY MYSELF FOR SOME REASON -

Edited by Mahahus

As someone else said earlier, I am already planting the seeds I need to so that when the time comes they will have to make the choice.

I have designed this one year story campaign for my players where they are ultimately looking for someone/something. The Galactic Civil War is taking place around them and they will be affected by it. As the story progresses, others (primarily the Empire at first but others as time goes on) find out what they are looking for and try to obtain it for themselves. So far in the campaign, my group has already had a few close encounters with Imperials and have, unknowingly, helped a rebel sympathizer. This campaign will end with them finding what they are looking for, a big climactic GCW battle where the players get to choose what side they are fighting for (if any) and what side will ultimately end up with who/what they found. Based on their decision will determine what side they will fall on in the GCW.

And conveneiently this campaign will end right about the time the AoR book is being released.

Nice ideas folks! I would share my own, but a few of my players are members on these boards... >_>

For all my players know, some day in the future they are going to be asked to haul some thermal underware to a drop off point near or at the Anoat system.

basically i think my players need to get royally screwed by the Empire before they go off searching for the rebel alliance

My problem has never been introducing the rebels, but preventing my players from building characters based upon the conceit that they're already in the Rebel Alliance....

My problem has never been introducing the rebels, but preventing my players from building characters based upon the conceit that they're already in the Rebel Alliance....

I have experienced this issue myself. But on the plus side, it means you're likely working with players who are already keen to become involved in the GCW - making it less likely that they'll rebel (pun!) against your attempts to involve their PCs in it.

This is an interesting point. I talked it over with my players, and all of them are on board with being in the Alliance, but the problem I am having is trying to set up a good motivation for their characters to join.

In particular, one of my player's character is a Clone that turned their back on the Empire shortly after its formation. Now he is spending the rest of his life as a bounty hunter. The player has expressed interest in doing a rebellion game, but Kam would see fighting stormies as fighting his brothers.

Yes, I know by this point most of the stormtroopers weren't clones, but it's still a problem for the character.