Gen Con

By nodulariny, in Olympus Coliseum

Yeah I was walking toward the Mall on Saturday, Im pretty sure the Guy was dressed as Hayner.

By Chance what was the First place prizes. People just told me it was ridiculous w/o getting into details.

First place was a box of cards and some framed cards from set one. I'll have them here shortly and post nice pictures. Second place was some fraction of a box, as well as a foil uncut sheet of set one. Additionally, first and second both got copies of all promos, including non-foil daisys. Mike Kalmbach won the event with a Roxas deck (that he built, but using my excess cards, so no Cerberuses, no Cave of Wonders, etc). He said that since it was my cards, the prizes were mine.

Ecomics21 said:

i believe I got 4th..and that I did not see Vice at all... (Could be mistaken)

Was the guy your thinking of dressed like Hayner...if so...it wasn't me XD

Hmm, so confused...could have swore you got 3rd...ah well, Jaffer was doing the standings that day so I don't really remember.

But yeah, the other Top 4 guy was dressed as Hayner and had an uncut sheet.

Fairbanks said:

First place was a box of cards and some framed cards from set one. I'll have them here shortly and post nice pictures. Second place was some fraction of a box, as well as a foil uncut sheet of set one. Additionally, first and second both got copies of all promos, including non-foil daisys. Mike Kalmbach won the event with a Roxas deck (that he built, but using my excess cards, so no Cerberuses, no Cave of Wonders, etc). He said that since it was my cards, the prizes were mine.

And yes, everyone, you read that correctly...a Roxas deck won.

was it a racer or beat stick?

Darkwing Duck said:

was it a racer or beat stick?

It won through racing, but he would challenge almost every turn, as a method to avoid them winning if they went to time. And yes, he had to escape against stealth sneaks every time.

That actually doesn't surprise me. Roxas has much untapped potential and while he is ....a little less structured then a Light Deck. He can beat them with sheer early force.