Gen Con

By nodulariny, in Olympus Coliseum

where is the next Gen Con and when is it? Also how much do you think it will be?

gen con is always held in the same place and its pretty costy but its not horrible. google it for their main page and you can get all your info there.

GenCon is held here in Indianapolis, IN at our massive (and soon to be even more massive) Convention Center. Every year and according to recent news reports their contract has been extended through 2013 I believe.

It is a four day event and costs between $35 for a one day pass and $75 for a 4 day pass. If you would like to participate in any of the events then that will also cost a small fee which usually isn't anymore than a few bucks. ( I think the big KH tourney was like $3 for example last year)

It's best to pre-order your passes/tickets/hotel rooms ahead of time as space is limited for hotels and lines are ungodly long the day of.

If you need anymore info, feel free to check out www.GenCon.com

Hope I've helped! ^_^

~Mr. Dawn

Hey brett, you have to house my sorry butt :) I'm going for all fun this year

gen cons four great days and i will be there again this year, i waitied to buy my four day pass first day of gen con and there were no lines at all i got mine faster then my friend who had free admission. Always order early though its cheaper but if you didnt and still wanna go dont sweat the lines

Do you know if the KH tournament will be a booster draft or bring-your-own-deck? Evidently theres one on the 14th, 15th, and 16th.

papabear said:

Do you know if the KH tournament will be a booster draft or bring-your-own-deck? Evidently theres one on the 14th, 15th, and 16th.

The 14th is a Booster Draft

The 15th is the big Standard Constructed Tournament

the 16th is another Booster Drat.

If you have anymore questions let me know...I'm in charge of the tournaments again this year.

~Mr. Dawn

WayToTheDawn said:

WOW!! I've never been to a Booster Drat before, Mr. Dawn.

I must hear more info on this, cause it really does perk my interests.

You must enlighten me one of these days, aye? Heheheh..

Choitz said:

WayToTheDawn said:

WOW!! I've never been to a Booster Drat before, Mr. Dawn.

I must hear more info on this, cause it really does perk my interests.

You must enlighten me one of these days, aye? Heheheh..

lol, very funny sir

Curse these forums and their lack of Edit button... enfadado.gif

Mwahahahaha!!

I made another funny.

Choitz, was that a Turtles movie reference?

Because if so, you really just hurt my head right there.

Go ninja, go ninja, GO!

COWABUNGA!!

*munch munch munch*

Is there nothing planned for Sunday? Also, how do the booster draft rules work again? (and do you know prize breakdowns?)

Fairbanks said:

Is there nothing planned for Sunday? Also, how do the booster draft rules work again? (and do you know prize breakdowns?)

It's starts on Thursday the 13th...so there's nothing planned for that day actually.

Not sure if they want me to do a straight up draft (3-5 packs done in good ol' take one and pass style) or a Sealed Deck (I think this would be more fun with the three different starters for Set 4)

Won't know prize breakdowns till I get there and they tell me.

K, I just remember that the prizes last year were ridiculous. What're you doing on that Thursday? I'll be playing L5R most of the day I'd imagine, but in the event that I get some free time, we should take KH, maybe work out any kind of trading/selling we want to do too.

Do you know if FFG will have the Penny Arcade game at the con?

Fairbanks said:

K, I just remember that the prizes last year were ridiculous. What're you doing on that Thursday? I'll be playing L5R most of the day I'd imagine, but in the event that I get some free time, we should take KH, maybe work out any kind of trading/selling we want to do too.

Do you know if FFG will have the Penny Arcade game at the con?

I'm not doing anything Thursday I know of...prolly just walking the floor so I'm sure something could be worked out sir, let me know when it gets closer to then how we can work that out (getting ahold of one another in the event of some free time on your part.)

I'd assume that yes they most definitely would. They always push the hell out of new games each year...Kingdom Hearts two years ago was huge at their booth, the Battlestar Galactica Board Game and Anima were huge at their booth last year, so Penny Arcade should be prevalent this year. Demos at the least.

How do i get to GenCon if im not live there?, do i hv to buy airplane pass or GenCon pick players around the world?

Junito said:

How do i get to GenCon if im not live there?, do i hv to buy airplane pass or GenCon pick players around the world?

what are you saying? you need to be able to get to Indianapolis. GenCon has thousands of people there each year, it's not invite only. And I'm pretty sure that someone has already said to go to their website. try googling gencon, then click gencon indy. if you can't find your way from there, I can't help you.

Im leaving from Indy in 12 hours.

Hopefully Tomorrow night i can get some games in with you guys. Im staying at the Sharidin 3 blocks away. Also planning on going to Bufflo Wild Wings after i finish rounds on Thursday.

Vice said:

Hopefully Tomorrow night i can get some games in with you guys. Im staying at the Sharidin 3 blocks away. Also planning on going to Bufflo Wild Wings after i finish rounds on Thursday.

B-DUBS!!!! Ah man I wish I could've afforded to go to Gen Con

/whining

Sora_Yagami said:

Vice said:

B-DUBS!!!! Ah man I wish I could've afforded to go to Gen Con

/whining

It'll be alright sir....next year I plan on making a huge deal of it...hotel room, lots o' cash...and plenty of B-Dub, Steak and Shake, and Oishi Sushi Nom Nom Om...you WILL be there

WayToTheDawn said:

It'll be alright sir....next year I plan on making a huge deal of it...hotel room, lots o' cash...and plenty of B-Dub, Steak and Shake, and Oishi Sushi Nom Nom Om...you WILL be there

I WILL be there next year as well!

Let the savin for next year commence, even before this year's begin! RaWR!!!

I ran into a lot of KH players this past weekend.

I was talking to some dudes while I was at the Konami Booth, One dude took 3rd in the bosster Draft and had Snow white and While I went to Lunch on Saturday I ran into some dude that had an Uncut sheet of Non foil cards from set one who also took 3rd in the Keybarers events.

Everyone i spoke to told me FFG sucks at orginizing events

Vice said:

I ran into a lot of KH players this past weekend.

I was talking to some dudes while I was at the Konami Booth, One dude took 3rd in the bosster Draft and had Snow white and While I went to Lunch on Saturday I ran into some dude that had an Uncut sheet of Non foil cards from set one who also took 3rd in the Keybarers events.

Everyone i spoke to told me FFG sucks at orginizing events

I must have just missed you on Saturday...that guy was Ecomics on these forums, I was on my way to meet him for lunch. ah well...

As for FFG sucking at organizing events, Thursday and Friday was indeed horrible...I was walking around for 3 hours trying to track down Jaffer to figure out what I was supposed to be doing, and Saturday was a bunch of moving the tournament around because Kingdom Hearts didn't have a set table so we kept getting pushed around by other "more important" FFG games.

Saturday and Sunday went well though, not a whole lot of kinks to be worked out there, they finally got their stuff together...so that's everything on the KH side of things, I don't know how the other games went.

i believe I got 4th..and that I did not see Vice at all... (Could be mistaken)

Was the guy your thinking of dressed like Hayner...if so...it wasn't me XD