Gunpowder weapons - Dwarves

By DurakBlackaxe, in WFRP House Rules

Soon be in my Engineer career.

So have been researching gunpowder weapons in the Old World. In 2nd Edition both the Old World Armoury and Warhammer Companion give expanded weapons choices, pike gun etc but mostly these are Empire or Araby weapons, neither gave the Dwarven Handgun.

In warhammer fantasy battles,it says The Thunderer gets +1 to hit from the handgun, but has a 24" reach and a strength of 4 and Armour Piercing (-2 armour save total). Unsure how these compare to empire handguns. Are dwarven handguns better than empire handguns?

Is there a house rule list of weapons out there? That anyone knows of.

Cause likely need to create my own gun once I get tradecraft.

In warhammer fantasy battles the empire handgun has 24" range, strength 4 and Armour piercing. So they are similar, but the dwarven handgun (in the battles game) hits more often. In Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay you could say that generally handguns made by dwarves are of superior quality, thus adding a white die to all attack rolls (=hits more often) and having a higher cost.

When making your own gun it would depend on how well you succeed. I mean, if you tried to make a gun and you rolled 1 success, 4 banes and 2 chaos stars I at least would rule that the gun was of poor quality. If one of my players wanted to create a superior weapon I would at want them to roll at least three hammers, plus maybe some boons and/or a comet. So, in my gaming group you'd probably have to have tradecraft trained a couple of times to pull of creating a superior item. Also I'd probably set a difficulty for the check based on how rare the weapon was, as making a superior spear would be far easier than making a superior repeater pistol for example.

Thanks.

So I know that a dwarf handgun is a superior handgun. Makes sense. That answers that.

Does the dwarf handgun get pierce 2 in WFB. Would that mean it get pierce 1 in WFRP?

The tradecraft is mentioned in the books so I have to leave all that for a long time In the future. But it good to get an idea.

Edited by DurakBlackaxe

Pierce would make it more than a superior weapon (which only gives a bonus white die). For suggested pricing, etc on that, I suggest seeing the excellent article in Liber Fanatica about pricing of such things :)

Yes, I would go with pierce 1 rather than 2.