Episode 17 of the Order 66 Podcast with Lead Dev Andy Fischer answering AoR Beta Questions!

By GM Chris, in General Discussion

We are soooo back, and we are coming at you fine listeners with a long and glorious episode. For the 17th episode of the new Order 66 Podcast, we are joined by FFG Lead Developer for Age of Rebellion, Andy Fischer.

Fish treats us to over 2 hours of epic discussion all about the recently released Age of Rebellion Beta, with answers to listener questions about the book and rules. Lots of discussion on how to properly co-mingle Obligation and Duty, how "duplicate" specializations work, thoughts behind Knowledge: Galactic Civil War, and much, much more.

An amazing show. We want to thank Andy Fischer for taking his time for all of us. ;)

You can find the newest episode of The Order 66 Podcast right now on iTunes, or, download it directly from the podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Order66

(Direct Download Link: feedproxy.google.com/~r/Order66/~3/Xh6HYhWascU/episode17.mp3)

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming!

GMC

Sounds like Knowledge (Warfare) is getting some consideration :)

So he doesn't know when it will be released either?

Still he gets points for the Voltron reference though! :)

Finally I was wondering what they were talking about hangars in starships!

I will listen to this later. It's kinda bizarre that the game is still not out yet.

I will listen to this later. It's kinda bizarre that the game is still not out yet.

Yes it is, still makes me wonder what happened were they caught unprepared for the interest like last year?

Or did they seriously think people would be put off from buying another Beta?

Prior to FFG's announcement, there were a lot of folks here questioning if FFG would even be doing another Beta, particularly since the core mechanics had already been ironed out.

So it could be the marketing guys figured the demand wouldn't be has high as it had been for the EotE Beta, since at the time it was an entirely brand new system. Obviously they underestimated the demand from the fanbase.

Could also be that they got complaints from stores feeling they were the ones getting hosed over, and so FFG is trying to accommodate them by ensuring they've got copies of the AoR Beta to sell out the print run that FFG has.

Seems any way you slice it, FFG can't win when it comes to the Beta books for their product line.

Prior to FFG's announcement, there were a lot of folks here questioning if FFG would even be doing another Beta, particularly since the core mechanics had already been ironed out.

So it could be the marketing guys figured the demand wouldn't be has high as it had been for the EotE Beta, since at the time it was an entirely brand new system. Obviously they underestimated the demand from the fanbase.

Could also be that they got complaints from stores feeling they were the ones getting hosed over, and so FFG is trying to accommodate them by ensuring they've got copies of the AoR Beta to sell out the print run that FFG has.

Seems any way you slice it, FFG can't win when it comes to the Beta books for their product line.

I just feel that if they had copies at GenCon then they should have also had copies ready for us to purchase and this delay in getting the books to us isn't good... there have been a couple times I even thought about just giving up on it because of how ridiculous this delay has been.

Well I didn't mean to derail the thread or anything... and I am downloading the podcast episode right now. :)

I just feel that if they had copies at GenCon then they should have also had copies ready for us to purchase and this delay in getting the books to us isn't good... there have been a couple times I even thought about just giving up on it because of how ridiculous this delay has been.

I guess it's the old adage of "you can't please everybody." For all the years that GenCon has been occurring, there are still issues with how things are run (Will-Call being a favorite target for complaints). And I'm sure that FFG would love to take your money in exchange for selling you the AoR Beta rulebook.

Perhaps with Beyond the Rim now having been released, we'll see the option to purchase the AoR Beta rulebook online show up sooner rather than later. I do agree with the sentiment of surprise that it's not available to purchase online already, but at this point I've got to figure something threw a wrench in the works at some point in the process.

But as certain folks (none of whom have replied in this thread at the time of this post) seem intent on painting me as an FFG apologist, I'll say nothing further on the particular matter.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

Now how did that phrase go?

A voice of reason in a sea of ignorance?

No that wasn't it, anyway at least its good to hear some optimism especially as I ordered the Beyond the Rim last weekend!

Apologies if my inaccurate memory offends anyone.