Darkstryder Canpaign

By WillisRBC, in General Discussion

So I pulled out my old WEG stuff and stumbled across this little gem. Admitted it takes place during the rise of the New Republic, but the beta should accommodate that easily enough, right? What do you guys think of using AoR to run this?

That sounds like a great idea, not least because the majority of the "core" starships that you'll need are already in the AoR beta book and in the EotE core rulebook, and you can say that the FarStar has a Retrofitted Hangar Bay with as many of the additional silhouette capacity mods as you need for its whole complement (eight X-wings and four REC Defender starfighters carried, a shuttle and a light freighter as support craft, as well as six hyperspace pods , six speeder bikes , two tracked/treaded seemingly "small trucks" , and four combat landspeeders ). The path-of-least-effort with the vehicles would seem to be to use Donovan Morningfire's B-7 stats as linked below, improvise on the shuttle (i.e. modify the Lambda -class stat block to include the differing weapons, and room for either vehicles -- three light, two medium, one "compact heavy" -- or 40 troops and their gear), just reuse the 74-Z speeder bike stat block (whether or not you still call it the Overracer), tweak or reuse the heavy speeder truck or personnel carrier stats, and improvise on the ULAV combat landspeeders (maybe as an armed X-34? :P ).

Note that in the case of the light freighter, if you want a EotE/AoR version by Donovan Morningfire, he reported two " quite different " D6 stat blocks when coming up with it, one from The DarkStryder Campaign (" a glorified shuttle ") and one on the D6 Holocron Wiki that may or may not actually be official (some entries are attributed to WEG sourcebooks, some aren't*), so it's based off of the latter but he included how to switch to the DarkStryder Campaign version (double the Passengers capacity to 8, halve the Encumbrance and Consumables capacities).

* And of course, there's the option to outright look up and use fanmade Saga-to-D6 conversions (there's quite a few such books out there) as a basis for your own EotE/AoR homebrew content. :P Maybe that's where some of the D6 Holocron Wiki entries come from.

Ha, I just realized it says canpaign in the topic, making me look foolish. Stupid iPhone...

In this post is a deliferate mistike... I wouldn't sweat the typo too much.

Darkstryder should adapt fairly easily to AoR, though IIRC the players are all fairly senior, officers and such.

You could either start your players with more experience to reflect this seniority, or you could start them as lower level folks (having some of the initial big decisions handled by NPCs) and have them progress into more senior roles as their characters develop.

I look forward to hearing how it goes!

I don't think that you can put enough hangar capacity into a corellian corvette to hold even half of what was suggested.