Wound tracker

By Gallows, in WFRP Gamemasters

Made a new wound tracker for my NPCs

Wound tracker

Thanks for sharing! Handy!

Good idea. I was looking at doing up something like that for henchmen.

jh

From the wound tracker, I see you have also the A/C/E budget. How do you handle it when for example your group faces 5 orcs? Since by raw the same A/C/E budget is shared by the 5 orcs.

It's tailored to my way of running the game.

• Henchmen groups share an A/C/E pool.
  • Each individual NPC has his own pool
  • I use the A/C/E pool as a way to handle stress/fatigue for NPCs. When they get stress/fatigue, they lose dice from their budget. When they remove stress/fatigue, they gain dice to their pool. Agression for fatigue and cunning for stress, but if they've run out they can use expertise.
  • Check my house rules for clarifications.

A/C/E pool managment is pointless and time consuming I think. Now I read them as follow :

1) the creature gets white dice in every fluff-adapted minor skill, their number depending on the number of skull the creature has. minimum equal to the player highest rank.

2) A points are used as a) fatigue and stress

3) Cunning points are used as 1 per active defense (trained or not, advanced and more depending on the number of skull the creature has).

4) Expertise point : the creature is trained a number of time equal of its expertise value in every fluff adapted major skill, their number depending on the number of skull the creature has... minimum equal to the player highest rank.

I might be more precise, but you've got the idea.

A/C/E pool managment is pointless and time consuming I think. Now I read them as follow :

1) the creature gets white dice in every fluff-adapted minor skill, their number depending on the number of skull the creature has. minimum equal to the player highest rank.

2) A points are used as a) fatigue and stress

3) Cunning points are used as 1 per active defense (trained or not, advanced and more depending on the number of skull the creature has).

4) Expertise point : the creature is trained a number of time equal of its expertise value in every fluff adapted major skill, their number depending on the number of skull the creature has... minimum equal to the player highest rank.

I might be more precise, but you've got the idea.

Thought about a system like that but since some NPCs have 9 expertise dice, it just doesn't work with the numbers present. But tracking A/C/E isn't really a big issue. It's quite fast to cross one off. Plus it means stress/fatigue takes away their dice, which makes good sense from a gameplay perspective too.

I don't find the ACE budget pointless or difficult, our mileage all varies of course.

I use it as a guide to myself of "okay ACE budget gone, so this foe was on stage long enough, time to rally and twist situation and refresh ACE (as rally steps refresh it) or retreat etc.", let's not have a slugfest etc.

I don't find the ACE budget pointless or difficult, our mileage all varies of course.

I use it as a guide to myself of "okay ACE budget gone, so this foe was on stage long enough, time to rally and twist situation and refresh ACE (as rally steps refresh it) or retreat etc.", let's not have a slugfest etc.

Exactly - it forces rally steps, which is neat. A regrouping, temporary retreat, change of situation etc.

I never though about rallying during a combat with a group of foes... Usually the rally step happens at the end of the enemy wave.