Phooey! No beta for me!

By Desslok, in General Discussion

Bah! I spent the whole day at Pax - and not a peep about the Beta! No books, no new X-Wing minis, no demos. If it wasn't for the two thousand Miis I gathered on my DS, the dozen or so games I played and the shirts I got, it would have been a total waste of my time!

/em White Whine

Edited by Desslok

Man... PAX must be insane with the 3DSes there. I was at AnimeFest over in Dallas on Saturday, and I was able to get 200 or so. I spent most of the con staring at my 3DS choosing puzzle pieces and fighting ghosts. I can't imagine 2000. I'd never be able to do anything.

#firstworldproblems

#firstworldproblems

Seems the one thing gamers as whole do very well is complain and kavitch about the games they claim to enjoy :rolleyes:

Especially as there are people wondering where the money for their next meal is coming from, who'd love to have the luxury of being huffy about how a luxury item isn't broadly available to the masses just yet.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

Boy, if only I had thought to include some kind of statement of self deprecation in my obviously sarcastic post. Oh, wait. . .

/em White Whine

I did. But thanks for playing.

Boy, if only I had thought to include some kind of statement of self deprecation in my obviously sarcastic post. Oh, wait. . .

/em White Whine

I caught that. Plus, no one who's legitimately angry ever says 'phooey'. Ever. :P

Or perhaps we're just responding to the numerous other posts about people whining about how folks that went to GenCon were able to get copies of the AoR Beta and how they can't buy it themselves yet. After a dozens of posts of that sort, further ones (tongue-in-cheek or not) tend not to get a very warm welcome.

Egads! Who pissed in your cornflakes? It's a joke. Lighten up, dude.

Says the guy getting pissy about his joke thread having flopped and being taken too seriously.

Says the guy getting pissy about his joke thread having flopped and being taken too seriously.

Its a joke. Chill.

Also, Do you seriously think that you are in the best position to tell people to lay off? I mean, you have the book. If I decide to tell people to chill a bit on complaining about the release, I at least have a leg to stand on, as I'm waiting like everyone else.

You come off a lot as remarkably arrogant and judgmental. People want something they can't have yet. Let them complain a bit. Especially someone who is just joking about it and is making no attack against FFG. Who are you, when you ALREADY HAVE THE BOOK, to tell people how they should feel about it?

Eh, I'm not the one who's coming back to complain about a thread I hate a week after the initial posting. But hey, you keep rockin' your bad self if that's what gets you up in the morning.

Edited by Desslok
Do you seriously think that you are in the best position to tell people to lay off?

Says the same self-important douchbag that got worked up into a tizzy over people correctly pointing out how a house rule would make more work for himself in the long run, even when they quoted his own posts about how it'd require more work to track.

Don't like what I have to say, just add me to your Ignore list. I've already done that for your profile, as you've proven to have even less valuable contributions to any discussion than ErikB, and he's pretty much the resident forum troll.

Says the same self-important douchbag that got worked up into a tizzy over people correctly pointing out how a house rule would make more work for himself in the long run, even when they quoted his own posts about how it'd require more work to track.

Though I know that you can't read this. And its completely offtopic, so I'm not sure why you bring it up other than that you have zero defense against what I said about you in this thread, not a single person proved I was wrong in that thread about the tracking. And when I asked you to prove it when you said it did, you refused to even try and accused it of being a pissing match.

You act like you own the board because you write some articles for the GSA. Out of all the "scene" people, you seem to be the one who lets it go to your head. Maybe someone else will respond to this with a quote and you'll get to see it. Maybe not. But I don't think anyone appreciates your attitude. I'm sure you aren't a bad person. I'm sure you are a nice enough guy, but maybe you should actually look inward and see that being a jerk to someone who was making a joke didn't really serve a purpose other than making you look bad.

All I can say is, maybe it's a good thing that kids don't play pen & paper rpgs anymore... 'cause the comments in this thread would certainly put 'em off!

You know what else is a first world problem?

Complaining about threads asking about PDFs. :)

I just hate seeing the "People are starving in the world so you can't be bothered by anything" argument. Its a dumb argument. "Man how can you complain about starving when there are people in North Korean labor camps living in constant fear AND starving." Its like this idea that no one can be bothered by anything unless they are the worst off of anyone in the world.

Desslock was letting off some steam in a joking way, it was no big deal.

Anyway, I'm bowing out of this thread. If anyone thought my posts perhaps went to far, apologies, but I think that some of the posts before mine went too far and I don't like just sitting around and letting people act like that towards people who don't deserve it.

Since when did this thread become a philosophical morality debate?

I just hate seeing the "People are starving in the world so you can't be bothered by anything" argument. Its a dumb argument. "Man how can you complain about starving when there are people in North Korean labor camps living in constant fear AND starving." Its like this idea that no one can be bothered by anything unless they are the worst off of anyone in the world.

Desslock was letting off some steam in a joking way, it was no big deal.

Anyway, I'm bowing out of this thread. If anyone thought my posts perhaps went to far, apologies, but I think that some of the posts before mine went too far and I don't like just sitting around and letting people act like that towards people who don't deserve it.

This is a good point. It's easy to call something a "first world problem" if it's not a problem for you. I can definitely empathize with not having the Beta book yet. And even though I know it's a "first world problem," I would certainly like to be able to give my players some more options for their characters.

I suppose that being annoyed at people complaining on forums could also be viewed as a first world problem.

I could say, "Can't we all just get along," and "agree to disagree," hoping that our being a collection of avid Star Wars fans and gamers would be enough to create some semblance of brotherhood.

At any rate, I am looking forward to having the beta book (sometime this month...?) and now I don't feel bad about completely missing the window on purchasing PAX Prime badges.

Though I know that you can't read this. And its completely offtopic, so I'm not sure why you bring it up other than that you have zero defense against what I said about you in this thread, not a single person proved I was wrong in that thread about the tracking. And when I asked you to prove it when you said it did, you refused to even try and accused it of being a pissing match.

You act like you own the board because you write some articles for the GSA. Out of all the "scene" people, you seem to be the one who lets it go to your head. Maybe someone else will respond to this with a quote and you'll get to see it. Maybe not. But I don't think anyone appreciates your attitude. I'm sure you aren't a bad person. I'm sure you are a nice enough guy, but maybe you should actually look inward and see that being a jerk to someone who was making a joke didn't really serve a purpose other than making you look bad.

I could not agree more with you. Having been one of the "not on board" people who still feel that FFG is not doing the right thing regarding Jedi and the force, I was attacked a heck of a lot by names that will not be spoken. I felt that the "in crowed" was very much frothing at the mouth at anyone who did not like FFG's grand plan. I also did not feel GSA was warm and welcoming to those dissented from the norm here on the boards. That is just my perception of them. I am not speaking for anyone else.

In the end I think the whole first world problem thing has been played out. I have traveled around the world and seen some really low SES areas and I have taken a lot from those experiences but, I don't like that phrase being thrown around as a way of shutting people up. I find it more rude than whatever the phrase was being used to silence.

All I can say is, maybe it's a good thing that kids don't play pen & paper rpgs anymore... 'cause the comments in this thread would certainly put 'em off!

Jordan, folks are so freaky these days I don't think I'd go play a game without packing.

I feel I should apologize to someone.

I feel I should apologize to someone.

Well you have been a bit of a **** recently.

What?

Wow....so, my "first world problems" comment was me joining the OP and getting in on the joke. Wasn't meant to be criticism, so I apologize if it set off a series of nasty arguments.

#shotsfired

This:

But I don't think anyone appreciates your attitude. I'm sure you aren't a bad person. I'm sure you are a nice enough guy, but maybe you should actually look inward and see that being a jerk to someone who was making a joke didn't really serve a purpose other than making you look bad.

Don't like what I have to say, just add me to your Ignore list. I've already done that for your profile, as you've proven to have even less valuable contributions to any discussion than ErikB, and he's pretty much the resident forum troll.

Donovan please be careful and chill. Resist the troll side. Don't enter that Dagobah cave, you might find a clone of yourself waiting inside disquised in an ErikB outfit.