Phooey! No beta for me!

By Desslok, in General Discussion

Wow....so, my "first world problems" comment was me joining the OP and getting in on the joke. Wasn't meant to be criticism, so I apologize if it set off a series of nasty arguments.

Nah, I kind of got that you were messing around. Its not your fault if someone takes what you say and carries it into a bad place.

And anyway, this means I get to not be angry like I commented in the Available soon thread :P .

Point is, everybody in this thread needs a beta book... STAT! :D

Wow....so, my "first world problems" comment was me joining the OP and getting in on the joke. Wasn't meant to be criticism, so I apologize if it set off a series of nasty arguments.

#shotsfired

Naw, dont sweat it - I knew you were goofing about. It was just Donovan who took it too far (and apparently far FAR too seriously). But you? We're cool. Comere!

*group hug*

#shotsfired

Naw, dont sweat it - I knew you were goofing about. It was just Donovan who took it too far (and apparently far FAR too seriously). But you? We're cool. Comere!

So he gets a pass, and because I showed support for his comment, I automatically become the villain?

Thank you for proving you have just as much to contribute to a discussion as ErikB.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire
So he gets a pass, and because I showed support for his comment, I automatically become the villain?

What? You want a hug too?

Seriously, lets look at the two reactions. Rookhelm's "Woah, I'm sorry - you guys totally misinterpreted my tone." versus you pretty much digging in your heels and sticking to your "You're whining" guns and insulting everyone in the thread.

Did I misinterpret your tone in the original post? Was your post suppose to be flippant and stupid and it just got misread? If I did, I apologize - and place the blame firmly on the text medium and it's propensity to not communicate body language and inflection..

Thank you for proving you have just as much to contribute to a discussion as ErikB.

Wow, you've just proved that you have utterly no idea about me.

Also, I'm not the one coming back a week and a half later to a thread I hate to insult total strangers. That's veering pretty heavily into trollish behavior, m'man.

Edited by Desslok

Everyone needs to take some Glitterstim and cheer up.

Everyone needs to take some Glitterstim and cheer up.

Then there wouldn't be a problem of others misinterpreting the tone of a post. You could just read their minds.

Then there wouldn't be a problem of others misinterpreting the tone of a post. You could just read their minds.

Actually, because we aren't in person, it would just make us more paranoid because we couldn't!

/eunerd

I think we need a pants less group hug to get around the issues that are dividing us as a group. Can't we all just hug half-nekkid and then get along!

Wow, you've just proved that you have utterly no idea about me.

And at this point, nothing you've said makes me want to.

*updates Ignore list*

Edited by Donovan Morningfire
And at this point, nothing you've said makes me want to.

*updates Ignore list*

Now that he cant see me, I guess I can talk all the **** I want about him with impunity. What a ******* jerk. Seriously, comes into a thread he claims to hate WELL after the thread has run it's course and was pretty much the one keeping it alive long after it's sell-by date. This would have fallen by the wayside if Mr Snooty Pants here didn't have to keep sticking his **** nose into things.

And then I straight up asked him if I had misinterpreted his original message. If he had just said "Yeah, I was just joking around. You totally misread me", I'd man up and apologize in a hot second. But since he is clearly 100% serious and actually wants to crap all over someone else's misery (joke misery, in this case) - then I proclaim him an ******* and a troll and we're better off without him.

Oh, and whats up with the "Look at me, I'm all superior and self important! I now consign your to my ignore list!" - really, what kind of conceited douchewaffle needs to make himself feel better by announcing to the world that "I'm ignoring you!" - is your self esteem THAT low? Do you actually think I give two rats asses (beyond the context of this conversation) if you read my posts or not? That your narcissistic opinion has any weight in the world beyond a few transitory pixels on a screen? Wow, you are seriously arrogant.

Whatever dude. Just go the hell away and let us get on with the community love.

*joins pantsless group hug*

**edit** Man, the net nanny baffles me sometimes, what it catches and what it doesn't.

Edited by Desslok

I choose to list those I ignore to prevent misunderstandings when I do not respond to a particular member's posts. It's actually a courtesy, though it may be a bit too honest for some people's liking.

As for the rest of your post, I can't imagine how that could be considered a better way of handling things than simply ignoring the one that irritates you.

Eh, I've just found that life is too short to spend it on being annoyed by something - hell, I don't have enough time for the GOOD stuff, let alone obsessing on the bad! If I was Donovan, I would have clicked, rolled my eyes at the content and moved on. I certainly wouldn't have come back - what, five more additional times? Or if I was in fact wrong about how I read the original post, correct me - I'm adult enough to man up when I'm full of bull-**** and make amends.

But to come back time and again and be purposely antagonistic (and insulting too - he told me and Norton to "F off and the horse we rode in on" before editing that out of the post)? Well, I guess whatever gets his rocks off in the morning.

Who knows. Maybe he's having a bad day at work and wanted to vent some board rage. I wouldn't worry much, anybody who hates you without knowing you on the internet is probably not worth your time to get too know. People can hate me, I just make jokes and continue on with my day because there is more pressing stuff in my life ala homework, finishing my degree and keeping my wife quasi-happy.

Worst case scenario: You still hate me and I go lay on my couch with my golden retriever and watch TV while the wife cooks dinner. Life is good.

As for the rest of your post, I can't imagine how that could be considered a better way of handling things than simply ignoring the one that irritates you.

Considering it's an outright attack and a violation of the code of conduct listed in the Terms of Agreement every poster here was required to read and agree to follow? It's not. And given his childish response, my assessment of "he's got nothing to say that I care to hear" is right on the money. But, it's been reported to the moderators as a deliberate attack post, so it's up to them to decide how to handle that particular matter from here on out.

You added me to your list of "people I choose to outright ignore" (even advertising it in your signature) and I didn't respond by going around making attack posts just because you opted not to view my posts after a certain point.

If he's really that incensed about what I have to say about his in-very-poor-taste alleged joke (something he didn't even say was a joke until after several posts calling him out for being yet another whiner), he can report those comments to the moderators. Instead, he chose to prove exactly just how immature he really isn't by responding as he did.

You added me to your list of "people I choose to outright ignore" (even advertising it in your signature) and I didn't respond by going around making attack posts just because you opted not to view my posts after a certain point.

I did for about a month. Then I cleared you and some others out of my list that had been on there for some time. Everyone here has something to offer, but sometimes I just need to take a break from the way some of it is offered. :)

And here I was thinking I would be reading posts about people waiting for the BETA book.... :blink:

...... :ph34r:

I did for about a month. Then I cleared you and some others out of my list that had been on there for some time. Everyone here has something to offer, but sometimes I just need to take a break from the way some of it is offered. :)

Fair enough.

And here I was thinking I would be reading posts about people waiting for the BETA book.... :blink:

No, that's a separate thread. This one is just someone's poor idea of a poorly executed joke.

No, that's a separate thread. This one is just someone's poor idea of a poorly executed joke.

Give it a break please. You made your point long ago. You are morphing into ErikB before our eyes.

something he didn't even say was a joke until after several posts calling him out for being yet another whiner

I'm going to now assume that English is not your native language, because you seem incapable of demonstrating simple basic reading skills. Here, let me show you. . . .

/em White Whine

Perhaps you're new to the internet so lingo like that is lost on you - and perhaps I should have used a # instead - but in MMORPG parlance, a /EM means that your character says or does something related to what the text said. White Whine is a play on the term White Wine, indicating that clearly this is a first world problem. Together (plus the use of words like Phooey or over the top statements like how despite this long list of all these awesome things that happened to me at Pax, the day was a complete and total loss) is a clear signal that this whole thing, from day one, has been in fact, a joke.

Was it a good joke? Naw, not really. I never claimed it to be more than just a throwaway post, and I certainly didn't intend for it to three pages in length.

Also, it's now nearly two weeks on and you're still coming back to a thread you hate, a thread that would have slipped into second page obscurity long ago if not for your DIRECT actions. Are you a masochist?

Edited by Desslok

If he's really that incensed about what I have to say about his in-very-poor-taste alleged joke .

Also, you have never answered this very simple question: have I misinterpreted your original post? Did you mean it to be light and flippant like Rookhelm's, that everything spun out control after that?

If this indeed the case, then I apologize for misreading your post.

If not, well. . . .

You know what? F' it - I'm gonna apologize anyway. Life is too short to argue about meaningless bull-**** over the internet. You said some stupid stuff, I said some stupid stuff - lets agree to disagree and just be cool about it. We all good, bro?

Edited by Desslok

If only all wars could be fought on message boards

#firstworldproblems