Tome of Decay / Rot / Generally Not Looking Very Healthy

By 51powerski, in Black Crusade

They might as well have said nothing at all.

No, they just didn't want to commit to anything they hadn't actually announced yet. You don't say that the 40k line has been 'extremely successful for us' if it hasn't; otherwise they'd be lying.

Why should the other three powers get a tome and not Nurgle? Count me among those who want this book and want it NOW.

Seriously, H1N1's just had a resurgence in my area. Don't make Papa Nurgle any madder...

On the other hand, I really hope that DH2 just flat-out tanks, crashes and burns.

Well I had thought DH2 was just a new edition until I started perusing these forums today...and I have to say I disagree 100%. I'm an old school 40k player (rogue trader anyone?) mad have played the original warhammer rpg since day 1...but after a couple of years of muddling through this 40k RPG, I eventually just got tired of house ruling everything to make up for the unworkable mechanics.

Obvious example (but by no means the only one) its freaking 40k so why is it so hard to kill anything? Combat is way too safe without house ruling...and upping the enemy power level spits in the face of the IP...so no thanks...

Really hope the new edition fixes this stuff...and it wouldn't hurt to frag classes entirely and let us have character generation akin to DH. Yea the "classes" are really fundamental archetypes to the 40k literature...but some kind of guidelines instead of hard classes would be welcome.

To be honest, it seems to just be Black Crusade that's struggling. Only War got another supplement announced awhile back (already have more books then BC if you include splat books) and Rogue Trader recently got Faith and Coin. Dark Heresy is getting a complete remake to update the rules to the newer aptitude system.

Seems Black Crusade wasn't all that popular...

They've taken long enough that I don't even care if it ever gets released. I've moved on. Tome of what? So what.

They really should finish the 4 gods books. Nurgle is also my favourite - would really be a pitty if he wouldnt get a tome.

They've taken long enough that I don't even care if it ever gets released. I've moved on. Tome of what? So what.

They seem to have pretty much abandoned the line, so I expect Black Crusade to linger until cancelled officially.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the delay is the result of a 'brain drain' caused by having to re-write DH2 .

To be honest, it seems to just be Black Crusade that's struggling. Only War got another supplement announced awhile back (already have more books then BC if you include splat books) and Rogue Trader recently got Faith and Coin. Dark Heresy is getting a complete remake to update the rules to the newer aptitude system.

Seems Black Crusade wasn't all that popular...

Black crusade was always a sort of "niche" game within the 40k rpg's That said, I hope ffg at least manages to complete the fourth tomb so we can have a complete set.

Increasingly FFG seem to be only announcing new 40K RPG supplements when they're just about ready to send them to the printer, so unless anyone's got some special insight as to what's going on behind the scene we're sort of guessing in the dark here.

That said, Adeptus-B's point about the DH2 rewrite diverting work away from other supplements rings true to me. Black Crusade might be a more niche game within the 40K RPGs, but since DH2 is going to be more in line with the Black Crusade/Only War "40K Roleplay 1.5" approach that means that Black Crusade books will actually be really good sources of adversaries for DH2, so hopefully we'll get some Nurgley love* once DH2 is done (shouldn't be too long since the beta's wrapping up).

* I imagine Nurgley love involving Father Nurgle tucking you into bed when you have the sniffles. And then giving your sniffles superpowers.

It'll never happen :D

It'll never happen :D

Was waiting for this...

I was so happy to see this announcement after the near comatose nature of BC. With the release of his supplement what is the future of BC? And as a whole what is the future of Warhammer 40k rpg? Does anyone believe that the other lines will be re-released after DH 2nd Edition?

I suspect FFG's staff is spread very thin right now. Besides DH 2.0, they've got all the Star Wars roleplaying stuff they're working on. We might see a few more books for BC & OW, or they might cap it after Tome of Decay and the new OW book (Shield something?). I will be very surprised, however, if we see any more books for DH 1.0, Rogue Trader, or Deathwatch, as those use an older version of the system and have more splat books already.

Cheers,

- V.

IT'S ALIVE ... it is coming

http;//www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4686

ps sorry if couldn't get a link if not just check

tome of decay

rules for possessed plauges warpsmiths and more!

I was so happy to see this announcement after the near comatose nature of BC. With the release of his supplement what is the future of BC? And as a whole what is the future of Warhammer 40k rpg? Does anyone believe that the other lines will be re-released after DH 2nd Edition?

Given the sheer amount of time it takes to do a Core Rulebook, I can't see FFG rushing to re-do RT and DW.

BYE