2nd edition review

By ruppt, in BattleLore

N

Edited by ruppt

Interesting review. Although I like and own Battlelore 1, the basic mechanisms are showing their age and the set up is tedious. I was hoping for an improvement in 2e. I'm assuming it's an open beta test so you reviewing it now would not be a violation of any kind of NDA.

Based on FFGs track record on new edtitions of older games, both their own and others (including Fury of Dracula, Cosmic Encounter, Runewars, Arkham Horror and Descent) I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and look forward to more reviews and playing the game myself.

Edited by sepayne7l

I hope what I played is not the final version! I don't mind some changes to system either. Units having no value, and using terrain as the victory points may be too much a change though. There is some good elements but some bad in what I played. Bad had more effect than the good though. Hope things turn out for good though.

Set up is not going to be much less tedious. That part of the game is changing as per what I played. It is different, kinda liked that part though. But it is not going to make set up easier.

Edited by ruppt

N

what?

N

what?

Skolo, Tony had posted a review on some plays of a beta testing version of the game - not sure of the details of why he removed his post here and on bgg , but likely due to some violation of a non-disclosure act invovled with being able to play the beta version. The original post was critical of the game's victory points coming from holding hexes exclusively (not sure if that will be the case for all scenarios/adventures...) and also highlighted some of the game's other mechanics.

Edited by toddrew