Some Photos of stuff, you know Slave-1 & Interceptors.

By Rodent Mastermind, in X-Wing

My samples came through today, I'm really happy with how the extra templates all came out, can't wait to try them out tomorrow. We will be doing them as a small add-on pack of 4 rulers, one for Imperials and a pack for Rebels. Equip-Extras.jpg

I also got samples for the Shield tokens, these are the 2 blues we could make them out of. I personally feel the light blue are easier to see and feel more like shields. What do you think? Equip-BlueShields.jpg

I'd definitely take the light blue ones.

Light blue all the way, these I must say look fantastic.

I actually prefer the dark, but the light are also fantastic. Your work is amazing as always.

I should be getting a second sample set of the Bombs tomorrow, I needed to do a few minor tweeks (changing the thickness of some bits so they are easier to read when lasered). We have tested them in every red we can get hold of, and well they really don't look amazing, they don't really pop against a black/starfield background. The Greens however look amazing. SO I think we are going to do them in both the green and orange so they match the range ruler sets.

Bombs.jpg

The light blue shields look best. The tokens are really shaping up into something I want to use. Well done.

I've also done a bit of painting over the last couple of days and I have the first A-Wing of my Mercenary squadron.

Slade1.jpg

Slade2.jpg

Slade3.jpg

Slade4.jpg

Slade5.jpg

Slade6.jpg

Slade7.jpg

Slade8.jpg

Slade9.jpg

SladeGroup.jpg

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

I like the light blue shield tokens better as well. I've been waiting on these to be available to purchase so I can buy all of the tokens I need in one big order. I can't wait until you guys release them to Cogotwo's store.

They should be on the store tomorrow at some point

The light blue shield tokens look the best in my opinion...

I've also done a bit of painting over the last couple of days and I have the first A-Wing of my Mercenary squadron.

Slade1.jpg

This is truly stunning work!

The circular aperture on a TIE is the reactor. The engines on a TIE (twin ion engine) are to the sides.

The circular aperture on a TIE is the reactor. The engines on a TIE (twin ion engine) are to the sides.

Um.. are you on page 2?

Nice A-wings, the skull on the wings totally makes it.

It would be perfect for a "pirate" faction, all you would have to do is remove the rebel icon. :)

tie_fighter-02682.jpg

Edit::: Ummm...ya... oops :S

Um.. are you on page 2?

Edited by IvlerIin

Mercenary A-Wing looks great. My question is if they're merc ships, why the rebel insignia's

Not a complaint, your decisions seem so purposeful that I'm just curious.

It's not uncommon for mercenary units to be on a long term retainer. In Renascence Italy the Papacy had no standing army, but they had quite a few units of mercenaries which wore papal colors. But even more recent, both the American and UK governments have contracted mercenaries in their employ.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

OK blue shields are up, Jon only has a limited amount of the blue in the warehouse to make shield tokens up, so there are only 15 sets available at the moment, when he gets restocked you will be able to get the shields in the token sets as well as separately. http://www.cogotwo.com/war.../gaming-tokens-blue-set-detail

Those green A-wings look fantastic, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a repaint from FFG in the future.

To clarify on America's recent use of mercenaries:

Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater private security firm, circa 2007: "I'm an American working for America. Anything we do is to support U.S. Policy. You know the definition of a mercenary is a professional soldier that works in the pay of a foreign army. I'm an American working for America...."

Those green A-wings look fantastic, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a repaint from FFG in the future.

Yep they would make far more sense than doing something like Bacta wars Rogue Squadron, they take the best pilots from other units, they have a colour scheme which is used by multiple pilots.

To clarify on America's recent use of mercenaries:

Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater private security firm, circa 2007: "I'm an American working for America. Anything we do is to support U.S. Policy. You know the definition of a mercenary is a professional soldier that works in the pay of a foreign army. I'm an American working for America...."

Very true under the modern definition set up in the Geneva convention.

I should be getting a second sample set of the Bombs tomorrow, I needed to do a few minor tweeks (changing the thickness of some bits so they are easier to read when lasered). We have tested them in every red we can get hold of, and well they really don't look amazing, they don't really pop against a black/starfield background. The Greens however look amazing. SO I think we are going to do them in both the green and orange so they match the range ruler sets. Bombs.jpg

These are all pretty rad and I want them... But you keep showing more things that I want so I keep waiting for those to pop up before I order...

Blue Shields & Bombs are up.

http://www.cogotwo.com/war-gaming

What's the ETA on the on the variable range rulers?

Figure I'll just order them all in one batch.

Now, should I get 2 bomb packs and an imperial booster... Hmmm

I'll ask about that, they should be ready to go, but maybe he hasn't managed to get time to print some up.