Some Photos of stuff, you know Slave-1 & Interceptors.

By Rodent Mastermind, in X-Wing

Once again.. incredible work...

Love the uniformity on the Y-Wings. Contrasts really well with the individuality of the X-Wings. :D

I'm going to do the same with the A-Wings, so the next 2 will both be Green Squadron, though there will be small differences, I think one will have the top panel on the tail fins in bone rather than grey. And one may have small dark red bars on the hull. just enough that each one is different. You can see the idea with the 2 WIP B-Wings which are not quite the same as the 1st one.

Well finished the Y-Wings, Not 100% sure on them, TBH I think the issue is more that the Y-Wing is SO flat and is hugely monotone in the movies.

Rebs.jpg

My god.

I did a Y-wing a couple weeks ago, with copper on the engine and other cool stuff. I was super proud of my work..... and then I saw your Y-wings :)

It is outstanding work and it keeps me motivated to improve mine, thumbs up for your work!!

If you could explained the process for your engines' fire/glow effect I would appreciate.

So my new squadron, I now have 2 more Green Squadron to go with the one I had before.

Were a bit of a pain, finished them, varnished them, and once they were Matt it was obvious the new ones were a lot darker than the original ones. So I had to highlight them up a bit more and re-varnish.

But I think they look a lot closer now. The original one is still slightly less beat up than the new ones.. But it doesn't stand out nearly as much.

Green-1.jpg

Green-2.jpg

Green-3.jpg

Green-4.jpg

Green-5.jpg

Green-6.jpg

Green-7.jpg

Green-8.jpg

Green-1.jpg

Wow these look awesome

So much better then the normal A-wing paint job

Indeed.. I'd even say gorgeous.

We played a huge 300pt battle last night, things didn't go amazingly well for the Rebels... As you can see a rather Mauled Hans looks up the battle field to see swarms of Ties (most of which were untouched). Even Hans apparently can't cope being outnumbered 15 - 1.

Tie-Swarm.jpg

Oh my Ratty Brother...get a **** card table and a black bed sheet!

:lol:

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

I have an awsome matt but it is only 3x3... The scout hut we use has only just finished being rebuilt and all the tables haven't been delivered yet so we are making do. I'll get something cool painted when it's fully open.

Great, looking forward to seeing your wonderful models on an equally cool table!

:)

your paint jobs really are astonishingly good. you somehow have the ability to take ships i cannot stand and make them awesome

Now hold on here just a minute Goss...just a dab-blam minute!

:o :angry:

Just which ships in this wonderful (most of the time, anyway) topic/Ratty Gallery are you hating on?!

Better not be an X-Wing nor a Tie Fighter come outta them fingers!

:angry:

Oh Hell NO!

:angry:

Now outside of these two wonderful, beloved, glorious ships ...Hate away.

^_^

I think, a while back, he mentioned he wasn't a fan of A wings... but he was inclined to like these here that Master Rodent has done...

Well then...that's fine. The A-Wing is a little stinker anyhow.

;)

Yeah, yeah, you're fast...now go zip over there, you worthless little Gnat you!

:lol:

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

Actually the A Wing i dont mind so much,I jut dont think it is all that interesting a design and i much prefer the original Ralph McQuarrie version. But specifically i have an aversion to the B Wing

I have three of the Gnats and three of the Bees ...where as when they are back in regular stock I am going to get 15 X-Wings and 20 Tie Fighters...minimum.

:)

I thought I should share this... I think it's really important if you want to become a good painter/modeller you take risks. Like spraying or slicing the model you have just spent £10 on. Yes you might fail, but you will learn something doing it.. And remember you can always strip the model 6 months down the line once you have practiced and made those mistakes.

http://doodlealley.com/2012/10/10/be-friends-with-failure/

It will get you. If you let it, that "Can't" bug.

BTW someone asked about storing Upgrade Cards on Facebook. SO I got some pictures of my solution to the issue.

Everyone in our area are now using a 4-Pocket Pro Binder for their upgrades. They are side loading, rather than top loading so it's easy to slide two cards into each pocket, and they don't move around much at all. This booklet has been in and out of my bag for about a month now and no issues other than occasionally having to reposition a card. They also have a elastic strap to keep it closed. And easily have enough room for all your upgrades. I have pages left and that is having spaces left for getting extra upgrades in the future.

UpgradeCards.jpg

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

Can you insert cards that have the FFG slip covers on them into these with the covers still on?

Can you insert cards that have the FFG slip covers on them into these with the covers still on?

Yep all the cards pictured here have thick card condoms on to stop them getting any nasty card diseases from contact with Scummy Rebel Pilot cards.

;)

Well finished my B-Wings. Unfortunately the photos came out very grainy and dark. I've managed to get them cleaned up a bit. But I might have another go later.

You might notice that some of the guns broke off so I had to replace them. I used watch parts, I think they came out really well, they might even look better than the originals.

B-Wings1.png

B-Wings2.png

B-Wings3.png

B-Wings4.png

B-Wings5.png

B-Wings6.png

B-Wings8.png

B-Wings9.png

We expect better from you Sir Ratt...

;)