Usage of Dominion Techniques Question

By ozzie_in_a_pickle, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

i am fairly new to the game and am working with the core rule book. I have Dominus Exett but have only read a little bit of it. The issue in question comes from my confusion with the rules on pg 98 of the original core rule book under "Technique Execution"

My question is, when is accumulated Ki lost?

The specific issue I am thinking of is using multiple techniques in a round. Say a character has accumulated enough ki for two abilities that enhance attack, and a character has multiple attacks. Would all of the accumulated ki be lost in the first attack, even though the attacks occur as a single active action?*

* Edit, I already found an answer to this first scenario, It would appear techniques are linked to actions, and therefore you could apply techniques (1 to each attack) before all ki is lost.

Another scenario I have a question about is if a character decides he needs to augment his defense with a ki ability, but again has left over accumulated ki, is all of that ki returned to the pool because he actived a dominion ability or can he then, use the rest of his ki for another ability when his turn rolls around, or is Ki accumulation only lost as a result of an active action?

I am also not sure i understand the point of declaring which ki ability you plan to use before accumulating Ki. On top of that I am confused about the purpose of declaring multiple techniques before accumulation, because that accumulation will be lost on the first use of he technique.

I might just need a better explanation of that ruleset in general, again pg 98 "Technique Execution"

Any help would be appreciated.

Also if this topic has already been covered, if you wouldn't mind providing a link, I haven't seen any other posts referencing this issue.

Edited by ozzie_in_a_pickle

If you have enough accumulated in a turn to use multiple techniques in a single turn, then you can use those techniques... but once that turn is over, any unused ki points return to your pool and you need to start accumulating again.

As to declaring what technique you are going to use before accumulating, that is usually for techniques that have the predetermination disadvantage.....

The core book just gives the basics for Ki related information, since you have the Dominus Ex, refer to that and ignore the core book when it comes to Ki.

Thank You! That would make more sense. I appreciate the help.